Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I’m about to try fitting some 20” rims on my Supra, have anybody heard about if that have been done already?
As I can see it, it will be a tight fit up front but the rear should be fine. The rims are from Azev and front is 20” x 8½” and rear is 20” x 10”. The rims are off an Mk4

Many greetings from Denmark

Later
Karsten
www.supra4ever.dk/index.htm

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
since you have them why not just put them on and try it out?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for not being more specific but I was thinking about rubbing and other issues while driving. It is winter now in Denmark so it is not the right time for test driving L. They will fit on the car no problem but they are sitting very close to the outer edge of the wheel wells.

Later
Karsten

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
even though i know its not relevant to your question....but i have a question of my own....

WHY????? :(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I think that the Azev rims are so beautiful and then I like to have something different. Another issue is traction, I would like to have a wider rear tire in order to reduce wheel spin when launching.
They are not much heavier than the Mk4 stock rims.

Anybody knows if it has been done before?

Thanks for the replies

Later
Karsten

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
sell your rims 2 me! (the mkiv rims of course)

-tony v

G

·
the MKIV rims will give you better traction with less wheel hop since they are already plenty wide and have a much bigger sidewall than the 20's....

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
i dont understand if you are loking for performance which it seems you are....why even consider 20s??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m having 255/40-17 on the Mk4 rears and I will jump to 295/30-20. That means that the sidewall is only about 14 mm lower but 40 mm wider. In the end that must provide me with more traction, going wider on a 9½” rim is not advisable in my eyes.

Later
Karsten

1 - 20 of 40 Posts