Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy got them on his stang with slicks on them, and just wanted to know if they would fit on my car for a few passes.

M

·
0 Posts
from what i understand you cant put a 15" wheel on a TT rear end anyways because of the brakes?

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
In order to fit 15" wheels you're going to need NA or Lexus rotors and calipers. AFAIK the lines will bolt right up.

Andrew

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
If only it were that simple to bolt them up:( I wonder how much braking power one would loose by down grading the brakes. Everytime I think about doing it, I remember I don't spend that much time at the track to begin with.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
If only it were that simple to bolt them up:( I wonder how much braking power one would loose by down grading the brakes. Everytime I think about doing it, I remember I don't spend that much time at the track to begin with.
A few guys have claimed the braking doesnt change much.

Al

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
T6Rocket said:
A few guys have claimed the braking doesnt change much.

Al
I have heard the same. A local guy to me (Rviscosi) is changing his fronts to NA's so we'll see how much it changes if noticable at all.

Andrew

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I have NA brakes (since my car was NA to begin with) with Weld Prostars on the rear and Monocoque skinny's on the front. I imagine the NA brakes aren't as strong as the TT brakes, but I haven't had any troubles at the track slowing from 135 mph. Roadracing would probably be another story....

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
i dont think you would notice swapping the back brakes that much.. now if you swapped front and rears, that i'm sure you would notice..

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
I seriously doubt that N/A brakes in the rear could ever be better than the TT set-up.
That depends on what kind of pads you are using.

I guarantee I can put a set of race pads on an N/A rear setup and stop shorter than a set of pep boys pads on a TT rear setup.

The N/A rear Rotors are not that much smaller than the TT's

Also for those of you that do not have line lock it makes it much easier to do a burnout with big sticky M/T's with smaller rear brakes

K

·
0 Posts
hi..im a mk3 guy...this is kinda off subject but im not getting much help from the mk3 guys..all they said was to talk to you guys(mkiv racers)..heres my question..will a 15"weld pro star (mustang bolt pattern ) fit on my rear end, 4.5 backspacing...and does any one know howtall/wide i can go on a 10" inch on a mk3?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
My Welds bolted right onto my MKIII also. You will need more than 4.5" backspacing tho. I believe mine are ~6"

K

·
0 Posts
hey dave you got any pics of the wheels on the car?

correct if im wrong cuz i dont wanna buy the wrong wheels and i have to sell 'em if they dont fit.

-bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3 (5 x 4.50).mustang bolt patern
-widest/tallest tire 25.0 x 11.0 ..what are you runnin?
i got stock tires and wheels soi have no idea..any help would appreciated, Thankx in advance!

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
5x114.3 is right. I have 27x10.5-15 Hoosiers. They would just barely rub on the fender lip on a hard launch. I'll see if I can dig up any pics of the wheel/tire combo on the MKIII. Here they are on the MKIV:

K

·
0 Posts
well i tried to pm you bdekoning, i guess you didnt get it..
what i wanted to know was :
-width/height of tires-front/back
-backspacing/offset of rims-front/back and size of rims..thankxx!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts