Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Redneck
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a 3.0 Turbo 2JZGTE engine fit in my 1986.5 supra.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i read somewhere of someone in australia doing that... said it took alot of wiring and modding.

if you want to swap, go for the 7mgte and pop a nice turbo on it. i'm no pro, but from what i have read and seen, it seems to be the easiest way to get big HP without too much trouble...

btw, is yours a mk2 or 3?

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
If its a MkIII (86.5-92) its supposed to be a relatively easy bolt up. Supposedly if you use the later style MkIII engine mounts the engine mounts up. You'll need a 2JZ trannsmission for the engine as the bolt pattern is different than the M series blocks. Mk II's are a different story. engine and transmission mounts need to be fabbed. The US MkIV oil pan sump is in the wrong spot. The tranny tunnel is supposed to be on the small side for the 6spd. You'd probably want to use a MKIV NA tranny bellhousing for the W58. Both of these conversions would require all the IC pipe to be fabbed, not to mention the wiring :D . In other words its a big project. The 7mGTE is a much easier swap in either model, + it's proven. The 2JZ has been installed in a few MkII & III, almost all are urban lore.

Aaron I

BTW for nice 2JZ swap into a MkIII check this link

http://home1.gte.net/res0kw5p/pictures.html

·
Redneck
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a Mk3.
Norbie what year is yours

·
Redneck
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is a Mk3.
Norbie what year is yours

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine is a Mk2. This is the Mk2 Supra forum, so it probably isn't the best place to be asking about Mk3's! In any case, if you want to put a 2JZ in a Mk3 you should check out this site:
http://www.supras.nl/

The owner of that site, Arnout van der Kamp, is in the process of putting a 2JZ-GTE into his Mk3 Supra. Most of his progress so far has been documented on the web site.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
Norbie said:
I assure you my 2JZ install is not "urban lore". :)

Yeah, I know about yours, but does it run? :) I'm refering to the ones in the US. There's probably about a half dozen running 2JZ MKII's from what I've heard running about (plus a few Celicas). True or not, good question?

Aaron

·
Registered
717 Posts
hood:
haha.... sounds like a good excuse for a nice ram-air hoodscoop if you ask me

engine mounting:
hmm... that could take away from the driveability a bit. i do so like my engine bolted in

1 - 15 of 15 Posts