Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible and will it work properly? I plan on geting a 6 speed tranny soon but for right now I want an lsd diff. Any thoughts or input would help.

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if I buy the 6 speed pumpkin then will everything mount up? what about the driveaxle and driveshaft? Will I have to change those too?

·
Over Medicated
2,720 Posts
Yes if you get the 6 speed diff you will need the driver side axel from a 6 speed and the 6 speed driveshaft. Passenger side axel is the same length for all, just not as thick for NA cars.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
6-speed is 8.8" rear end.
5-speed and Auto rear ends are 8.0".

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Don't forget to install the large cushion mount when you drop the differential out. The NA's only used 1 cushion mount, but the turbo models used 2.

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kbprice said:
Yes if you get the 6 speed diff you will need the driver side axel from a 6 speed and the 6 speed driveshaft. Passenger side axel is the same length for all, just not as thick for NA cars.
so basiclly I cant use the w58 with the 6 speed diff, right? the driveshaft wont bolt up to the w58. Unless I can use just the rear halfshaft. Is that possible?

·
Over Medicated
2,720 Posts
supradriver247 said:
so basiclly I cant use the w58 with the 6 speed diff, right? the driveshaft wont bolt up to the w58. Unless I can use just the rear halfshaft. Is that possible?
Yes that is possible but the final drive ratio will be awful. It will be a dog out of the hole, great top end though. There was a thread a long time ago that looked at all the possible combinations of trannies and rear ends. If I can find it I'll post the link.

G

·
quick question : i have a sc 300 doing a swap and i bought a jdm torsen turbo supra diff i tried to install it but it will not fit the sc300 rear carrier do i need a 6 speed carrier (diff case) or does someone want to trade for a auto/5 speed torsen diff so i can put it in my sc 300 all i have is the lsd its a torsen mail me at hilroy_humphrey at yahoo or call 6784806487

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
474 Posts
kbprice said:
Yes that is possible but the final drive ratio will be awful. It will be a dog out of the hole, great top end though. There was a thread a long time ago that looked at all the possible combinations of trannies and rear ends. If I can find it I'll post the link.
so are you saying we can have the 6spd mph boost w/ the 5spd? very interested in the links, im currently NA>TT

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
474 Posts
SupraSmoothTRD said:
so are you saying we can have the 6spd mph boost w/ the 5spd? very interested in the links, im currently NA>TT
ttt :yum:

G

·
quick question : i have a sc 300 doing a swap and i bought a jdm torsen turbo supra diff i tried to install it but it will not fit the sc300 rear carrier do i need a 6 speed carrier (diff case) or does someone want to trade for a auto/5 speed torsen diff so i can put it in my sc 300 all i have is the lsd its a torsen mail me at hilroy_humphrey at yahoo or call 6784806487

·
OG SF Member #603
1,092 Posts
FLZ_Boy said:
Don't forget to install the large cushion mount when you drop the differential out. The NA's only used 1 cushion mount, but the turbo models used 2.
That explains why my NA was missing 1. Purchased the 2nd cushion and bolt to go w/ my TT auto rear diff.

G

·

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
thelog32 said:

You will need the 6sp case to utilize that differential.

·
Registered
35 Posts
your speedo will be off because the diff and the tranny doesnt match up if you intall the 6spd diff with the w58. your best option is to get a trd 5spd lsd. i wanted to do the same swap but found out on intellexual.net a lexus sc300/soarer site

G

·
sc 300 and sc400 are the same i have both now i need a 6 speed diff case off a mk 5 supra or does someone want to swap some parts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts