Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible and will it work properly? I plan on geting a 6 speed tranny soon but for right now I want an lsd diff. Any thoughts or input would help.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if I buy the 6 speed pumpkin then will everything mount up? what about the driveaxle and driveshaft? Will I have to change those too?
 

·
Over Medicated
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
Yes if you get the 6 speed diff you will need the driver side axel from a 6 speed and the 6 speed driveshaft. Passenger side axel is the same length for all, just not as thick for NA cars.
 

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
Joined
·
9,352 Posts
6-speed is 8.8" rear end.
5-speed and Auto rear ends are 8.0".
 

·
Exiled Supra Owner
Joined
·
3,703 Posts
Don't forget to install the large cushion mount when you drop the differential out. The NA's only used 1 cushion mount, but the turbo models used 2.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kbprice said:
Yes if you get the 6 speed diff you will need the driver side axel from a 6 speed and the 6 speed driveshaft. Passenger side axel is the same length for all, just not as thick for NA cars.
so basiclly I cant use the w58 with the 6 speed diff, right? the driveshaft wont bolt up to the w58. Unless I can use just the rear halfshaft. Is that possible?
 

·
Over Medicated
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
supradriver247 said:
so basiclly I cant use the w58 with the 6 speed diff, right? the driveshaft wont bolt up to the w58. Unless I can use just the rear halfshaft. Is that possible?
Yes that is possible but the final drive ratio will be awful. It will be a dog out of the hole, great top end though. There was a thread a long time ago that looked at all the possible combinations of trannies and rear ends. If I can find it I'll post the link.
 
G

·
quick question : i have a sc 300 doing a swap and i bought a jdm torsen turbo supra diff i tried to install it but it will not fit the sc300 rear carrier do i need a 6 speed carrier (diff case) or does someone want to trade for a auto/5 speed torsen diff so i can put it in my sc 300 all i have is the lsd its a torsen mail me at hilroy_humphrey at yahoo or call 6784806487
 

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
Joined
·
474 Posts
kbprice said:
Yes that is possible but the final drive ratio will be awful. It will be a dog out of the hole, great top end though. There was a thread a long time ago that looked at all the possible combinations of trannies and rear ends. If I can find it I'll post the link.
so are you saying we can have the 6spd mph boost w/ the 5spd? very interested in the links, im currently NA>TT
 

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
Joined
·
474 Posts
SupraSmoothTRD said:
so are you saying we can have the 6spd mph boost w/ the 5spd? very interested in the links, im currently NA>TT
ttt :yum:
 
G

·
quick question : i have a sc 300 doing a swap and i bought a jdm torsen turbo supra diff i tried to install it but it will not fit the sc300 rear carrier do i need a 6 speed carrier (diff case) or does someone want to trade for a auto/5 speed torsen diff so i can put it in my sc 300 all i have is the lsd its a torsen mail me at hilroy_humphrey at yahoo or call 6784806487
 

·
OG SF Member #603
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
FLZ_Boy said:
Don't forget to install the large cushion mount when you drop the differential out. The NA's only used 1 cushion mount, but the turbo models used 2.
That explains why my NA was missing 1. Purchased the 2nd cushion and bolt to go w/ my TT auto rear diff.
 
G

·
quick question : i have a sc 300 doing a swap and i bought a jdm torsen turbo supra diff i tried to install it but it will not fit the sc300 rear carrier do i need a 6 speed carrier (diff case) or does someone want to trade for a auto/5 speed torsen diff so i can put it in my sc 300 all i have is the lsd its a torsen mail me at hilroy_humphrey at yahoo or call 6784806487
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,688 Posts
thelog32 said:
quick question : i have a sc 300 doing a swap and i bought a jdm torsen turbo supra diff i tried to install it but it will not fit the sc300 rear carrier do i need a 6 speed carrier (diff case) or does someone want to trade for a auto/5 speed torsen diff so i can put it in my sc 300 all i have is the lsd its a torsen mail me at hilroy_humphrey at yahoo or call 6784806487

You will need the 6sp case to utilize that differential.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
your speedo will be off because the diff and the tranny doesnt match up if you intall the 6spd diff with the w58. your best option is to get a trd 5spd lsd. i wanted to do the same swap but found out on intellexual.net a lexus sc300/soarer site
 
G

·
sc 300 and sc400 are the same i have both now i need a 6 speed diff case off a mk 5 supra or does someone want to swap some parts
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top