Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to make sure. I want to buy one I can use for my twins and then once I go single, get new piping.

Preferences for FMIC brand/size? When I do go single it will most likely be SP63 or smaller.

Thanks

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
i believe so long as it can flow enough cfm it should be fine. you will need new piping but that should either come with the turbo kit, or can be custom made for a few hundred dollars. Just make sure the intercooler has good flow. i have been told by several reputable sources that the majority of fmics out there have terrible turbulence on both sides of the core due to bad design, and to find one with good end-piping on both ends to fix that and give increased flow and therefore efficiency. I wouldn't worry about that though unless you have a very small fmic because most out there are large enough to have no problems flowing enough air even with less than stellar pipes coming off the core so long as its coming from a small turbo.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
yup i suggest the greddy 3row it will work good for twin set up and great for an sp63 this is what im doing!

email me and ill give you the info you need!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd go with either the Greddy 3row or the HKS Type-R. I believe the HKS comes with piping for a single turbo and you have to buy the twins piping for an extra $150 or so. I don't know if you can buy the piping for the 3row seperately after you have bought the FMIC...I haven't seen it anywhere for sale.

Unfortunately I didn't follow my own advice and went with the Greddy 4row on stock twins using a custom pipe based on the old rubber intercooler piping.

M

·
0 Posts
HEY DEMON. IM ALSO THINKING ON GETTING THE GREDDY 4 ROW ON STOCK TWINS. DO YOU LIKE THE SET UP? DID THE BIG ASS FMIC HAD ANY EFFECT ON PERFORMANCE MEANING LAG?

I WILL EVENTUALLY GO SINGLE AND THE 4 ROW IS ONLY $300 MORE. LET ME KNOW. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

·
Registered
62 Posts
midnightracingTT said:
HEY DEMON. IM ALSO THINKING ON GETTING THE GREDDY 4 ROW ON STOCK TWINS. DO YOU LIKE THE SET UP? DID THE BIG ASS FMIC HAD ANY EFFECT ON PERFORMANCE MEANING LAG?

I WILL EVENTUALLY GO SINGLE AND THE 4 ROW IS ONLY $300 MORE. LET ME KNOW. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
There is a noticeable amount of lag with the twins, but it's bareable. I had to take my stock rubber pipe that goes down into the passenger side fender well, cut it in half and use it to couple the steel pipe coming from the IC and the turbo inlet. Even though there is no specific piping to use with stock twins when you buy the FMIC, this works out fine.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
you can get the 3row for the twins then when you go single you just need to make one pipe ....most kits like the sp kit supply this pipe anyway !
demon said:
I'd go with either the Greddy 3row or the HKS Type-R. I believe the HKS comes with piping for a single turbo and you have to buy the twins piping for an extra $150 or so. I don't know if you can buy the piping for the 3row seperately after you have bought the FMIC...I haven't seen it anywhere for sale.

Unfortunately I didn't follow my own advice and went with the Greddy 4row on stock twins using a custom pipe based on the old rubber intercooler piping.

·
3,148 Posts
I have the Greddy 3 row and it worked great with the stock twins. When I installed my SP63, it cam with a new pipe to connect directly to the Greddy 3 row. There was nothing else needed.

Later, Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts