Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 6 speed with a broken rear. From what I read, the Lexus, Auto TT, and Auto NA rears are the same except that the Lexus has an open diff as apposed to the Supra Auto being LSD. What I cannot find is whether or not the Lexus rear will bolt into a 6 speed car. My case is busted and dont have the money for another one at the moment. The Lexus rear is cheap. Will It bolt into my 6 speed car? It wont be track driven like this, I'd just like to get through the summer. Not worried about the different gear ratio either. If it doesnt bolt in, whats different? The case? Driveshaft? Axles?

Thanks

Bill

· Registered
891 Posts
I have a 95 6 speed with a broken rear. From what I read, the Lexus, Auto TT, and Auto NA rears are the same except that the Lexus has an open diff as apposed to the Supra Auto being LSD. What I cannot find is whether or not the Lexus rear will bolt into a 6 speed car. My case is busted and dont have the money for another one at the moment. The Lexus rear is cheap. Will It bolt into my 6 speed car? It wont be track driven like this, I'd just like to get through the summer. Not worried about the different gear ratio either. If it doesnt bolt in, whats different? The case? Driveshaft? Axles?

Thanks

Bill
To make the lexus 98-up GS400 diff work on your car, you will need the following parts:

1-Driver side axel from an Auto TT .
2- Rear half of an Auto TT driveshaft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.