Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
<.>
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I used the VPC instead of the V8 MAF, will it eliminate my stalling problem if tuned right? Also, is the VPC Harness that is for the TT compatible with the NA ECU as well? I don't care to get a standalone to extract as much power as I can on pump gas, I just want to get the car running right and hopefully run about 16psi as I invested a lot of money into this project already to have the car stall on me whenever it idles. Thanks everyone :)

Stats on Supra: DaveH T61 kit with 525cc injectors, 2.5mm HG, HKS Twin Power, SAFC2, etc. installed on an OBD1 Supra and is running on the V8 MAF. During tuning and the test drive (I wasn't present), the car boosts rich (around 10.5) under boost (not sure what psi) and when the car is in stop and go traffic, it would stall frequently. The SAFC2 was tuned the best it could but still stalled during stop and go traffic. The BOV has also been recirculated and car is running a BL Auto.

·
<.>
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know if the VPC PnP Harness for the TT is compatible with the NA ECU or will all the wires need to be soldered onto the ECU and how long would that take? Sucks that the search is down.

·
<.>
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I just found that using google search. Harness is useless. Thanks

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
The harness is like the field's harness and the field's harness that was made for the TT will work on the NA's if I remember correctly. I have the plug and play harness for the VPC that I am about to use on my NA-T project as soon as motor is done. I will update you on that. As for the stalling, the VPC will eliminate your stalling since it removes the MAF. You stalling is due to the car running rich because of the MAF.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
hmmm, sounds liek there is an issue somewhere else, the V8+SAFC combo is fairly decent,
have you tried bumping your idle up a bit,
I had to do that when just using my safc alone
and now I don't stall out no more when I adruptly let off the gas....

On a side note: anyone have a link to the VPC wiring diagram?
the damn search fuction is still not available here.... :(

·
<.>
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm, sounds liek there is an issue somewhere else, the V8+SAFC combo is fairly decent,
have you tried bumping your idle up a bit,
I had to do that when just using my safc alone
and now I don't stall out no more when I adruptly let off the gas....

On a side note: anyone have a link to the VPC wiring diagram?
the damn search fuction is still not available here.... :(
Kirk's VPC Diagram:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288589

I've given up on the V8 MAF/SAFC combo; The car runs too rich when in full boost because the timing keeps wanting to adjust itself. I'm currently waiting on a VPC to arrive in the mail and then have it retuned.

For those of you running the VPC/SAFC combo, are you able to get a good tune of about 11.0-12.0 a/f ratio for 14-17psi with the 525cc injectors?

·
95 NAT
615 Posts
re

Kirk's VPC Diagram:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288589

I've given up on the V8 MAF/SAFC combo; The car runs too rich when in full boost because the timing keeps wanting to adjust itself. I'm currently waiting on a VPC to arrive in the mail and then have it retuned.

For those of you running the VPC/SAFC combo, are you able to get a good tune of about 11.0-12.0 a/f ratio for 14-17psi with the 525cc injectors?

I'm running that combo and my high boost is set a t 15 psi for now and on a Mustan Dyno it produced 424 hp to the ground. I'll find out what my SAFC is set at. When did you finally get the car back?

·
<.>
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it back yesterday from Titan. They did their best tuning it but it ends up running around 10-10.5 on pump gas boost (having issues with the ECU timing wanting to advance or retard, not sure which). I don't have the full details nor the dyno sheet but I'm hoping the VPC/SAFC combo will give me a lot better tune on the NA ECU. Two more weeks and it will be retuned on the VPC. For now, the car will just sit in the garage and I'll be busy detailing the Supra using clay bar and wax.

Suprarob69: Any info on getting the car tuned well on the dyno is appreciated :)

·
95 NAT
615 Posts
re

Got it back yesterday from Titan. They did their best tuning it but it ends up running around 10-10.5 on pump gas boost (having issues with the ECU timing wanting to advance or retard, not sure which). I don't have the full details nor the dyno sheet but I'm hoping the VPC/SAFC combo will give me a lot better tune on the NA ECU. Two more weeks and it will be retuned on the VPC. For now, the car will just sit in the garage and I'll be busy detailing the Supra using clay bar and wax.

Suprarob69: Any info on getting the car tuned well on the dyno is appreciated :)

Will do. I'll see what data I have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts