Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or vice-versa?

Also, if anyone happens to havea R154 bell housing lying around..if it were laid flat how deep would it be? I need an exact answer...not an about. Thanks guys!

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man...any one else? I'm hopping the bells are identicle, that would be a blessing to me...

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure? Cuz that can't always be true...considering the 1jz 5spd (whatever it's called) bolts to the R154 bell...not calling you out just asking...

·
Registered
939 Posts
R154 bells will not go on to W series trannys. 7MGTE and 1JZGTE both use R154 trannys there bell housings are interchangable between them. Plus the reverse pull clutch trannys use a longer input shaft which in turn requires a longer bellhousing(1in or so).
Cary

·
Registered
469 Posts
it's very complicate to me..........

Hello:( so guys, what do you think what can I do to fit it on 7mge engine? Because I'm pushing my W58 to the limit and maybe it will brocken whend I'll put one more bigger turbo in my car.

do you think if I can change the W58 input shaft into the R154; can this work? Because I need to still using my push type clotch?
Waiting for your answer, thanks and sorry for my bad english.
Bye

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What you do is buy a R154 and flywheel and clutch and use them. What we're sayign here is that the R154 and W58 bell housings will not interchange, not that the R154 and W58 bellhousings won't interchange between blocks. And tranny that bolts to an "M" block will bolt to another M block...turbo or not.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to adapt certain currently incompatable trannies to the "JZ" blocks. Like, for example, 1jz's are more prominant in the luxury models in Japan...which means more are offered here with an auto bolted to them. I want to take and design an adapting plate to bolt a W58 or R154 to the 1jz A??? auto bell housing. I thought this would be a cool thing to work on but if the trannie bells aren't compatable then it's kinna a bum idea...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Might not be a bad idea to contact these guys http://eshop.advanceadapters.com/commerce/index.jsp?czuid=1073009067907 about any transmission swaps you want to do. They have adapters to mate GM autos to Landcruiser I-6's & 22r's etc. I think a lot of the rock crawler guys are starting to use 7M's too, so there may be some transmission/adaptor development in the 4x4 world that would be applicable to the Sups.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Their site lists that they do not do any car conversions.

I emailed them asking anyways...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts