Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, when you have a BHG you should get 0miles per 0 gallons. :stickpoke

It shouldn't have any effect, unless you are leaking combustion into the coolant and oil, then it might drop, but if you were at that point mpg's should be the last thing on your mind.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
:stickpoke:

BHG = no car driving, unless you want to do a lot more damage.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,253 Posts
um if you drive on a BHG, don't ask why you have rod knock when 2 months after you fix everything.

·
0 to gas station in 5 sec
1,012 Posts
Well to be honest, you can get away with driving on one that is coolant jacket to cylindar. You certainly don't want to drive one one where oil and coolant are mixing. That'll guarantee rod knock for sure. I drove on a BHG for a while, mostly because I was convinced I didn't really have one, and it was very slight. I pulled apart the engine and it didn't do any additional damage.

To get back more on topic, I didn't notice any change in gas mileage while driving on a BHG. But then again mine was very slight. Logically, there would be a drop in mpg because you're losing compression and therefore the car is not as effecient.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i never had mixing coolant and oil, i never overheat, i always check coolant and oil lvl before i drive. I will fix it soon, i wasnt so sure it was BHG till now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts