Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a body shop to get a quote for getting the inside of my fenders cut and he said that in a year or so the whole outside would be rusted up. If I get them cut or do them myself, and if I put enough sealant, they should not rust, right?
Also, I plan on putting 315's on the stock rims to drive everyday with. Any downfalls to this?
any info would be appreciated.
thanks
Roger

·
boost is good
772 Posts
if you seal up the area that you cut with something i dont see how it would rust. there was a thread a while back that talked about this, and some people reccomended that you get the fenders rolled instead of getting them cut, because when you cut them it loses its structural ridgedness or something, might be more prone to dend or bend easier i would think. also, if you roll them you wont have to worry about the rust

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
There has been much debate on this subject, I found after some time, that my fenders were cut before I bought the car, probably back in early '94. They did a very clean job and painted over the bare metal. There has been no problems what so ever with anything.

However, if you want to switch to 315's just make sure you have the right offset. I just slapped on 295/35's and the will barely touch the edge of the tire on the fender over big bumps at hight spedd, but there is not tire damage, it touched on a little ridge that comes out of the tires.

J

·
0 Posts
Just have your fenders Rolled not cut. There are lots of places that will do this, at least where i am

1 - 4 of 4 Posts