Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 2nd differential cushion mount nessecary? Can I drive it without a problem? Can I just put it in after the install or will I have to take the diff out again?

·
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i originally had one because my diff is 5 speed and taking it out to put auto lsd.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
if youre worried about breaking a diff, dont put the auto diff back there, 6 spd is much stronger. theres talk of small single guys breaking auto rears

·
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SupraDupaFlyBoy said:
if youre worried about breaking a diff, dont put the auto diff back there, 6 spd is much stronger. theres talk of small single guys breaking auto rears
well there is a guy with 970 rwhp and using a auto lsd. plus im still bpu stock twins with 5 speed tranny.

·
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
michaelvanle said:
You'll be fine. Why not buy the mount and install it at the same time? It's a lot easier with assembly apart.
because i wanted the diff installed immediatley and every dahm part for the mkiv is special order. and to update you guys the dahm diff doesnt bolt up to the 5 speed ds, so looks like ill have to wait anyways. cant i just shuve that bushing in with some effort. whats the big deal?

·
11,217 Posts
You have to switch out the yoke so the NA ds will mate with it. The bushing is hard as shit man. Given the small space, it makes it harder to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts