Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my BL4" and the canister is touchng the rear, there isnt much pressure on it but i was wondering if it will melt the bumber? Has anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
827 Posts
i dont think it should melt the bumper, but then again i dont have that exhaust. still on the prowl for a 4"!!

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
It won't melt, but it will get discolored. You might end up cracking some paint as well. If you shift hard the exhaust bounces a bit and will probably slap your bumper. That's what happened with mine at least.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Take a Prybar or large screw driver to the rear bracket bar and you can tweak the fitment of the rear canister. We make the fitment tighter so it won't droop so low. Sometimes it may come a little too high.

It takes about a second to bend that rear bracket a little lower. Make it so the canister does not touch the rear bumper. If you have any questions, please give us a call.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kean said:
Take a Prybar or large screw driver to the rear bracket bar and you can tweak the fitment of the rear canister. We make the fitment tighter so it won't droop so low. Sometimes it may come a little too high.

It takes about a second to bend that rear bracket a little lower. Make it so the canister does not touch the rear bumper. If you have any questions, please give us a call.

sweet ill go do that right now. I was going to do that but i was afraid of breaking the bracket..........thanks for your help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts