Supra Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I don't think the car is worth anything near what people are asking for it, and I doubt the price will go up much more than what the pristine examples are going for. They all think their car is worth the same as an NA2 with under 10,000 miles. As with any 'collector car' the OEM garage queen, low mileage examples with records can demand a price, but everything else is a toss up. People will post a car for sale for 80k, and take half that. Money talks. Don't get me wrong, I love the chassis, but outside of a couple of aesthetic changes, the chassis didn't really change. All of them have a dog of an engine, and parts are ridiculous. Find one with a blown engine, or cosmetic damage, and put a wide body on it and swap the engine out for something better. Great driving car. Not a wise investment at the moment.
Took me a while to realize you were talking about the NSX......

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,983 Posts
the federal reserve added 2 trillion dollars (plus interest to the federal reserve's owners) to devalue and inflate the dollar,

everything bought in dollars will be going up in price commensurately, except your savings which will be stolen from silently through

the aforementioned devaluation commonly and incorrectly labeled inflation.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,450 Posts
I don't think the car is worth anything near what people are asking for it, and I doubt the price will go up much more than what the pristine examples are going for. They all think their car is worth the same as an NA2 with under 10,000 miles. As with any 'collector car' the OEM garage queen, low mileage examples with records can demand a price, but everything else is a toss up. People will post a car for sale for 80k, and take half that. Money talks. Don't get me wrong, I love the chassis, but outside of a couple of aesthetic changes, the chassis didn't really change. All of them have a dog of an engine, and parts are ridiculous. Find one with a blown engine, or cosmetic damage, and put a wide body on it and swap the engine out for something better. Great driving car. Not a wise investment at the moment.

Engine swap, what? Nah, too busy yankin' it to this "dog of an engine".

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

You know, for all the noise they're making (and what a noise it is!), they sure don't seem like they're going all that much faster than traffic. Slow (ish) car fast is a lot of fun if you ask me.

That, and any car that had development help from Ayrton Senna has gotta be a good one.

·
Registered
220 Posts
the federal reserve added 2 trillion dollars (plus interest to the federal reserve's owners) to devalue and inflate the dollar,

everything bought in dollars will be going up in price commensurately, except your savings which will be stolen from silently through

the aforementioned devaluation commonly and incorrectly labeled inflation.

Can you elaborate on this?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Inflation isn't all that bad if you own things. Your mortgage will stay the same and the price of a home will go up, Supra values up... If you have a ton of money in the bank and live in an apartment, you will lose money.... Not that inflation is good, but there can be a silver lining.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
Oh boy here we go - your going to ask that question to the master of the deep state conspiracy theory .. this should be good.
Don't fuck this up for us, I log into supraforums just to read his comments...leave him be!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Someone say nsx?🤧👍
Nice collection.
Drive one, especially an NA1. The C30 was a great engine for the 80s. C32 was a good engine for the 90s. The six speed in the NA2 helps a lot. But, the C32 is a $10k engine on the used market, and the cylinders are FRM. Aftermarket connecting rods are stronger and lighter than the OEM Ti ones. Both engines are 90 degree V6. They're HUGE.

The J32 drops in with a mount kit and bolts up to the OEM transmission no problem. They're 1/10th the price, and have near the same power stock, but the power band is shifted to the left. It has a much smaller bore and longer stroke which helps with detonation, so tuned they make more power. It's also a 60 degree V6, making the whole thing lighter, and providing a ton of room in the engine bay for a turbo setup. Also don't have to deal with any of the issues associated with FRM cylinders.

I agree with the sound though, but it's the intake sound that is great, not the exhaust. When you're driving it with the windows down you've got the intake right behind you. On boosted setups it sounds like it's pulling your brains out through your ears lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,364 Posts

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,450 Posts
Drive one, especially an NA1.
I have.

I agree with the sound though, but it's the intake sound that is great, not the exhaust.
I disagree, it's a combination of both intake and exhaust that make the NSX a wonderful experience. Proof in the pudding is the vid I posted, however that video is not glorious because of the induction sound, it is primarily, if not wholly, the exhaust.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just saying that I don't find either stock examples regardless of transmission being a good engine. The engine is shit. Pushed both versions with both turbos and differernt superchargers.
Cheaper to just swap it and blow up motors for 1/10th the price.
The intake is much more louder in every NSX I've driven than the exhaust.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts