Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what I try to ask is I have single now , do I need to keep any emissions component such as EGR to pass the emissions test /SMOG,( I'm still keeping the stock DP at home fot this reason)if I later move to the states that need the emissions test(beside CA) ?Or I will fail the test automatic by having single turbo? if that is the case, then is no reason for me to keep any of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont think you will fail, The supra already comes with a turbo. I mean people have been turboing non turbo cars and supercharging and still passing both types of tests. I dont think you will have a problem with the visual test.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
anyone know how many states don't have emissions test ?( before anyone flame me, I don't drive the car much, maybe 1~2,000 a year, so a SUV do more damage then my car to the O-zone)
and even I find a "hook up" to pass the visual test, if i ever get pull over, I'm Fu(k, right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
anyone how many states don't have emissions test ?( before anyone flame me, I don't drive the car much, maybe 1~2,000 a year, so a SUV do more damage then my car to the O-zone)
and even I find a "hook up" to pass the visual test, if i ever get pull over, I'm Fu(k, right?
Iowa and Florida are ones that dont, Im reg in Iowa but live in Virginia due to being in the army and dont have to have emission tests.

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
North Carolina isn't real big on emissions, there are shops that as long as they are 95 and down they just pass you on the safety and lights. My car is single right now and I am about to go with the AEM and my front O2 sensor is the only one in and the check engine light isn't on so as long as the first one is in there you should have no problem.

·
Enter The Supra
1,903 Posts
anyone know how many states don't have emissions test ?( before anyone flame me, I don't drive the car much, maybe 1~2,000 a year, so a SUV do more damage then my car to the O-zone)
I think it's more of a county thing than state as far as who test emissions and how the tests are performed. Also, in Pittsburgh, you'd be emissions exempt for driving under 5k miles/ year. Not sure how it is where you're at.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It depends on who is doing the inspection and how much they know about Supras in general. I passed Arizona inspection with a single, no EGR, and no Evap, and this was at a state inspection station at the DMV. Here, they also have to put the car on the rollers and take it to 60mph (for obd1). They just marked the Evap components were inaccessible, and were mainly just concerned with the vehicle passing the sniffer test.

OBD2 may be a bit trickier or easier depending on mods. If you have no check engine lights then you will most likely pass since you just need to pass a code scan.

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
the o-sone layer is just a liberal agenda.

i say fuckit and i drive 2 cars with 7.2+ liter motors...

·
Enter The Supra
1,903 Posts
It depends on who is doing the inspection and how much they know about Supras in general. I passed Arizona inspection with a single, no EGR, and no Evap, and this was at a state inspection station at the DMV. Here, they also have to put the car on the rollers and take it to 60mph (for obd1). They just marked the Evap components were inaccessible, and were mainly just concerned with the vehicle passing the sniffer test.

OBD2 may be a bit trickier or easier depending on mods. If you have no check engine lights then you will most likely pass since you just need to pass a code scan.
:agreed: Yeah, I've already asked the mechanic I always use at the local toyota dealer about passing me for emissions based on the visuals. He didn't say the single turbo I've put in would be an issue. He did say that technically, having a different cat than the oem would fail, but there are aftermarkets for all cars, not just performance onces like Supras. Also, he did say I would definitely fail based on my removing of the egr, cause he obviously knows where and what to look for. This probably would not be the case for an inspection station not familiar with supras. Most would look for a cat, and go with the sniffer test.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts