Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T-78 on the way and I was wondering if the kit will hook right up to my rod millen downpipe or do I have to use the lower part of the stock exhaust or get a custum 3" pipe made. Thanks ahead of time.

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info andy. I think I am going to buy the short dp. I found one for $175 that is made by HKS. Also would you happen to know if the MAF sensor will hook right up or can I easily modify it? I don't have the money for VPC right now. Thanks

·
boost is good
772 Posts
boostedsupratt said:
thanks for the info andy. I think I am going to buy the short dp. I found one for $175 that is made by HKS. Also would you happen to know if the MAF sensor will hook right up or can I easily modify it? I don't have the money for VPC right now. Thanks
i have a vpc so im not for sure, but i think it should work fine. in the greddy instructions im pretty sure it shows it with the stock maf in place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HKS Downpipe

gritsak said:
you can either get the rmm cut down to fit, use the stock main cat, or just buy an hks dp like i did which only replaces the main cat and bolts up perfect.
So the HKS downpipe bolts right up to the supplied stubby downpipe and to any catback exhaust, Tanabe Racing Medallion specifically. My understanding is the RMM downpipe is basically scrapped when using the HKS midpipe. Is this correct. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Later,
Reg

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Re: HKS Downpipe

BIG REG said:
So the HKS downpipe bolts right up to the supplied stubby downpipe and to any catback exhaust, Tanabe Racing Medallion specifically. My understanding is the RMM downpipe is basically scrapped when using the HKS midpipe. Is this correct. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Later,
Reg
i have that exact setup...greddy shorty DP that comes with the t78 kit, into a hks mid pipe, then into tanabe RM. works perfect.

·
0 Posts
BIG REG i have the HKS short pipe came with my turbo kit /blitz midpipe/TANABE RM fits perfect

HKS midpipe and the blitz Mp same price but the blitz one all polished

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hey Gritsak, I see you have the hks racing bov. How is it compared to the hks ssbov. Is it crazier, soundwise?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts