Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read that in manual mode the auto gearbox locks up the TC even under WOT.

If so, will i fry my PI3800 single disc TC but going WOT in Manual mode.

Ive noticed that in normal mode the rpm's seems to slip all the way up to around 6000rpm, and then holds for a while untill carrying on to the shift point

But in Manual mode it slips to around 4k and then pulls hard to redline (like i thought it should)

Is this normal behavour of a high stall on a single to slip to 6000rpm?

Scottt

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
Do you have a built tranny? I have a Boost Logic Tranny with a PI3800 and BL told me that I could disable TRAC with that tranny. I bring this up for two reasons:

1. With TRAC disabled, the MANUAL switch stops working and that function is disabled.

2. Second, I noticed that with the higher stall, the TRAC system would cause a hesitation or bucking/surging when taking off from a stop light as well as slippage up top like you describe. I was told that the TRAC system interpreted the higher stall speed as slippage and the TRAC butter fly was closing on me when I was trying to take off for example

I disabled TRAC (pulled the fuse) and while I lost the MANUAL button function, I did gain a better launch and no slipping up top. I run mine to redline in 1st-3rd and there is excessive slippage that I can detect. I do not know what the normal behavior is. The Factory Service Manual for the Auto Tranny will probably have some answers?

If you have a stock tranny, you will however want to keep TRAC enabled to make it last longer.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My car was total shit with the TRAC fuse in when I got my new stall put in :(

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunately i do not have a built tranny.

i get the stumble problem now i have high stall so i may try it with trac fuse pulled to make sure thats the problem.

My main concern was using manual mode with my high stall and wheather it will break the TC due to being locked up in manual mode

1 - 4 of 4 Posts