Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me apologize first if this has been asked before. I tried to search old topics but it won't let me.

Mkiv.com shows the dip swiches for HKS VPC for Supras. I am assuming that HKS only made one VPC and uses different dip switches and chips to accomodate all the cars. Does someone know if it's possible to use VPC made for other cars on Supras?

I am not too concerned about the wiring harness and sensors. I am making my own wiring harness and the sensors can be purchased from HKS.

Thanks,

--Joey

NA->TT, single soon....

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
NA2TT said:
Let me apologize first if this has been asked before. I tried to search old topics but it won't let me.

Mkiv.com shows the dip swiches for HKS VPC for Supras. I am assuming that HKS only made one VPC and uses different dip switches and chips to accomodate all the cars. Does someone know if it's possible to use VPC made for other cars on Supras?

I am not too concerned about the wiring harness and sensors. I am making my own wiring harness and the sensors can be purchased from HKS.

Thanks,

--Joey

NA->TT, single soon....
VPCs from other cars should work as long as you set the dip switches and get the correct chip.

That having been said... I noticed you're going the NA->TT route. Remember that the NA has a different kind of MAF than the TT. If there is not a VPC chip for the NA's type of MAF, you may be screwed...... because the VPC's simulated MAF output must be compatible with what the ECU is expecting as an imput.....

Dave Henry probably has more information on this than I do...

Andi

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Andi. I believe HKS is smart enough to create one just unit to satisfy the mass and to save cost.

I believe the MAF's on NA and TT provide same signals. But that does not matter to me, because I have already replaced the NA engine/ECU with TT engine/ECU in my NA. I am simply putting a single to a TT engine :)

--Joey

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
NA2TT said:
Thank you Andi. I believe HKS is smart enough to create one just unit to satisfy the mass and to save cost.

I believe the MAF's on NA and TT provide same signals. But that does not matter to me, because I have already replaced the NA engine/ECU with TT engine/ECU in my NA. I am simply putting a single to a TT engine :)

--Joey
Cool, then you won't have a problem... but FYI the NA *does* use a different type of MAF... I think it's called a Karmann... some sort of pulse-based signal rather than voltage based..... completely incompatible with each other...

Andi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts