Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hitting the track soon and I am BPU w/ stock intercooler + AFC before I go single. I want to get some decent traps so I was wondering if my VPC would help if I just install for the purpose of removing the mass air. Also, will 116 benefit me at this level?
thanks
Roger

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
rnitto said:
I am hitting the track soon and I am BPU w/ stock intercooler + AFC before I go single. I want to get some decent traps so I was wondering if my VPC would help if I just install for the purpose of removing the mass air. Also, will 116 benefit me at this level?
thanks
Roger
Yes, the MAF is a major restriction. The VPC will help. 116 octane will probably do more harm then good. That's way too much octane for your power levels. Try straight 100 or 103.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
octane

Will the 116 just ruin my 02 sensor? How about 110 unleaded?

thanks
Roger

A

·
0 Posts
Any leaded fuel will shorten the life or flat out ruin your 02 sensor. Octane doesn't matter directly, it's lead that's the killer. Will destroy catalytic converters too. Generally the higher octane fuels are leaded, as lead raises octane. But 110 unleaded is just as nice to your 02 sensor as 92 unleaded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts