Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I would like to change my entire dash over to BLUE or PURPLE LEDs. I've searched the site and found some good articles on it I just don't have the time to do it. Is there anybody here that has done it any would be willing to do mine for a reasonable fee? I have a '96 NA.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I have done it and it is really time consumming, but well worth the wait, what parts do you want blue LED? the ac unit only? the lights in the speedo\tach\fuel\temp? the key ring in the dash?
I can do them it just takes time.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
ive looked into this as well...i am not very good with the whole electrical thing, is it that hard to do??? i heard the hardest part was lining the led's up so that there is an even distribution of light..

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
The Tach, Speedo, fuel and wtemp are not leds!!! Just bulps with green condoms on, EASY SHIFT to blue color with 3 mid size blue comdoms and one small blue condom!!!!

The A/C and odo my elektrician freind is fixing... he says its not that hard, just takes a bit time...

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want the whole dash to be blue or purple. Preferrably purple to match my car. I wouldn't mind white face guages for the speedo etc., but the rest of the dash I want changed over. I'm pretty good with soldering and I know I could do the conversion myself but I was reading this old thread and those guys are talking about switching out resistors and capacitors and I don't know any of that stuff. I'm just sick of S#!T GREEN dash lights. Anybody know EXACTLY what parts I would need, LEDs, colored condoms, etc.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
zero how long will it take to be done i would like this done

·
Registered
341 Posts
jsut curious, but how much does all the parts add up to in order to do the mod. ive been thinking about doing this also

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
TheDane said:
The Tach, Speedo, fuel and wtemp are not leds!!! Just bulps with green condoms on, EASY SHIFT to blue color with 3 mid size blue comdoms and one small blue condom!!!!

The A/C and odo my elektrician freind is fixing... he says its not that hard, just takes a bit time...
No they are not LED's but I replaced the bulbs with LED's

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Ranger498 said:
zero how long will it take to be done i would like this done
Itook me a few hours of soldering for the AC unit adn testing, but once I got the ac unit up and lite, the LED's that I replace for the bulbs were just drop in for the dash.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts