Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bad switch for my drivers power window so I have it apart and have the red and green and yellow wire out....if I apply power to one wire and a ground to the other it will other raise or lower the window then if I switch the wires around i get the oppisite command.. so the question I have is How would i make a switch to operate that window other than just using wires???? :ugh2:

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Get a new window switch from the junkyard/FS section/Toyota?

That's my suggestion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$350 for an oem replacement and if a junkyard within 200 miles of me had a supra I might consider that I wish I had other options but I live in BFE. good idea but already checked with local junkyards and no one has a supra....

·
MKIII Owner and Dam proud
367 Posts
Try the for sale section under the wanted. I might have one. How much you offering? I can check in the morning.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
1988_7m-ge said:
$350 for an oem replacement and if a junkyard within 200 miles of me had a supra I might consider that I wish I had other options but I live in BFE. good idea but already checked with local junkyards and no one has a supra....
Okay, but if you want to wire it up, even with just basic functionality, you're looking at a switch, a couple relays, and some wiring. Post a WTB thread, I guarantee you'll find one pretty quick.

Also a note, the 86-89 Celica has the same switch, so that's an option too.

(86-87 Celica matches 86-88 Supra switch, 88-89 matches 89-92 Supra).

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
the contacts get ugly on em and it's easy to clean, my passenger side was bad but i fixed it...

I think most of us have a broken one sitting around that's a pain to put the window up with...

·
92 TURBO
1,009 Posts
1988_7m-ge said:
I have a bad switch for my drivers power window so I have it apart and have the red and green and yellow wire out....if I apply power to one wire and a ground to the other it will other raise or lower the window then if I switch the wires around i get the oppisite command..

so the question I have is How would i make a switch to operate that window other than just using wires???? :ugh2:
Get a DPDT (double pole, double throw) momentary switch with center off. It will have 6 terminals on it. Hook up the 2 wires to the window motor to the center 2 terminals which are the 2 poles. Connect 12volts + to the top right and bottom left terminal and 12volts - on the top left and bottom right. By criss-crossing or X ing the + & - power on the outboard 4 terminals you are changing the polarity when pushing the switch Up or DN which changes the motor direction.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts