Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
SkylerR said:
Just now noticed this, how do I go about fixing it?

Hey your in Anaheim? I'm in Yorba Linda and have had the same exact problem since I had my power window motor replaced. If you get it fixed properly let me know!

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
umm if i were to guess it looks like they didnt realign it properly when glass was replaced at one point or something like that. Looks like it's adjusted to high. If that is the problem just take the door panel off and adjust it yourself. Thats the only thing i can think of it being.

Alex

·
Registered
522 Posts
Alx2785 said:
umm if i were to guess it looks like they didnt realign it properly when glass was replaced at one point or something like that. Looks like it's adjusted to high. If that is the problem just take the door panel off and adjust it yourself. Thats the only thing i can think of it being.

Alex
I'd really rather not dig into the interior of my Supra ever again, I did it once to install a boost gauge when I first bought the car and felt the car came out worse than it had started when I was finished.

He lives really close and if he finds somewhere around here thats proficient with our interiors before I do it would be worth knowing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sidoze said:
Hey your in Anaheim? I'm in Yorba Linda and have had the same exact problem since I had my power window motor replaced. If you get it fixed properly let me know!
I'm actually in Yorba Linda too off Gypsum Canyon.
My dad mentioned a place to me in Hunington so I'm gonna take my car down there within the next week and see what they can do.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
lol I hear ya. The dash panels can be a PITA sometimes. The door isn't too bad. I've taken it off like ten times already so maybe it just easier to me. ;)

Alex

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
check two plastic stops attached on the bottom of the glass ,they prevent the glass from going up too far also all the bolt and nuts ,for temp fix try to shut the door by pushing the rear upper corner of the glass instead of pushing on the door

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
It's easy to fix as there is an adjustment for that. Also, the door panel is easy to remove if you have the right clip remover tool. Spare clips never hurts. I keep a stock of all hardware on hand as I remove door panels often for other fellow car owners.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thats what happened to my Sup when the panel beaters didnt replace the weatherstrip after an... incident (a cyclist decided to run a red light...into the side of my car). Replaced the strip, problem solved.

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
yeah just got the car repainted and either the weather stripping of mine is slightly off or the window is....the drivers side window when going down seems to make a noise/hit something and then when up the wind just whistles when doing more than 40mph...very annoying...anybody have some pics of the window parts with the door apart and what pieces to adjust?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts