Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger window will not roll up!

Last night I took my passenger switch apart to clean the contacts and the switch worked perfectly. The driver's side passenger switch still did not roll up though, and down stopped working too. So, I took the driver's switch apart to clean it. After I got it all back together neither the passenger switch nor the driver's passenger switch work at all. What the hell happened? A little spring did fall out from the window lock, but i tried just removing the window lock button all together and it still doesnt work. Now my passenger window is stuck down. LAME.

Anyone know what I am overlooking? I need a new driver's switch anyway b/c the little tab broke on it, but in the mean time I'd like to at least get my passenger window up so I can drive it.

I swear everytime I try to fix something it gets worse. lol

K

·
0 Posts
You said now the drivers and passengers windows do not go up or down, right?

If so, the master switch (on your drivers side) controls everything window wise, if its broken then nothing is gong to work. It controls your pass. side switch too.

If you can get ur hands on another switch, by borrowing it or if you find one really cheap to buy. Then I'd try that first. If it's not that, then check all your wires.

Also check if the window lock is on. lol. Im sure you've already checked that tho.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No... my drivers window switch works.. I can roll the driver's window up and down... that's what is so weird.

The passenger window switch worked perfectly untill I cleaned the drivers side passenger window switch. It seems like it has something to do with the window lock. I broke the window lock while I was putting it back together, but i even tried with the window lock button removed... no deal.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried... the itty bitty little spring that pushes the button back up a little when you push it down poped out. I spent and hour trying to get the spring in and keep it in while I put the switch back together. Well... I finally ended up bending the spring. :-( Oh well. i dont really care about window lock though.. I just want the window to roll up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
KVSupra87 said:
You said now the drivers and passengers windows do not go up or down, right?

If so, the master switch (on your drivers side) controls everything window wise, if its broken then nothing is gong to work. It controls your pass. side switch too.

If you can get ur hands on another switch, by borrowing it or if you find one really cheap to buy. Then I'd try that first. If it's not that, then check all your wires.

Also check if the window lock is on. lol. Im sure you've already checked that tho.
:bigthumb: +1 for the correct fix 90% of faults are the master switch

:rockon:

K

·
0 Posts
I would go with a master switch, you said you were going to by another one anyway right? Since you broken a tab.

·
92 TURBO
1,001 Posts
$pecialk91turbo said:
No... my drivers window switch works.. I can roll the driver's window up and down... that's what is so weird.

The passenger window switch worked perfectly untill I cleaned the drivers side passenger window switch. It seems like it has something to do with the window lock. I broke the window lock while I was putting it back together, but i even tried with the window lock button removed... no deal.

^ The driver's window circuit does NOT pass thru the "lock out switch", only both switches for the pass. side does. So with the master switch window lock switch OPEN (broken), your pass. window will not work with either switch. The lock out switch is a spst switch which breaks only the negative to both pass. window switches. You can jump it out by applying a negative - to it if you can't fix the lock out switch. The positive side is always present to all of the p/w switches as long as the ignition is on and the main relay is picked up, which you know is the case if your driver's side is working.
~ mike

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok... thanks for the help guys. So when the little metal plate on the window lock switch comes in contact with the metal plate on the switch assembly it completes the negative side of the circuit. That makes sense since when the window lock switch was removed completely the switches for the passenger window did not work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts