Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup..

last weekend i found out that the power windows switches in old celicas (not sure of the year range) are the same as in our cars. I connected em to my car, they work great. I got 2 drivers side switches, and 1 pass. side switch for free. Just thought this info could be useful, seein as there are WAAAAY more old celicas at junkyards then MkIII Supras...probably don't charge as much either.. :bigthumb:

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
YES!!! i get to use this thingy hahaha

:TTIWWP:

: personally i think thats a little harsh, i don't htink the thread is worthless, i would however like to see some pics... :)

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
But like I told you......the Supra one can be cleaned and they will work most of the time. Either way good info might be easier to find the celica switches.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno, I don't really see what the point of pics would be, they are identical to the supra ones. They have the ones that are in the 86.5-88 supras, and then the ones that are a bit smoother looking, found in the 89-92 supras.

And yea, of course you can clean up your old ones and they should work fine, but I am just posting this thread incase someone needs a replacement or wants a newer style one... it's just good info to have don't you think? :)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
lots of stuff from celicas fits supras, as a matter of fact i pulled a junction box (junction box No.1 to be exact) which is what MOST of the wiring goes through, and its exactly the same as the one in MKIII's, and i know they are exactly the same because i sat there testing every single link in the dealer wiring diagram book (as it needed to put it in my car so i was going to make sure it would work so nothing got fried), also found out that cressidas have the exact same radio setup as well heh, u can only guess why

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, lots of other small things looked similar, probably the same, I was in a hurry. Like plastic piece on the door panels, and other small plastic things...

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
a little off topic but you can also change the green leds on the switches to red ones to match the red led moded climate control unit. :p

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Someone should start a thread with non-Supra parts that interchange. This would be really helpful considering how rarely you see a MKIII at a junk yard (I have never seen one) compared to say the number of Toyota pickups or Celicas (which share lots of parts).

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
really? i've got an 86.5... i thought all mkiii's had the same door panel switches... that makes me upset, what do the newer ones look like?!??!

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I am pretty sure that the power mirror switch for a late 80's early 90's celica will work too.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry, didn't have a pic of the drivers side, but it just has this smoother button instead of the ridged one..

Y

·
0 Posts
paddlenbike said:
Someone should start a thread with non-Supra parts that interchange. This would be really helpful considering how rarely you see a MKIII at a junk yard (I have never seen one) compared to say the number of Toyota pickups or Celicas (which share lots of parts).
word, word to the fullest sense of the word. Hey mods, would it be worth it to sticky such a thread if it came up? fill that sucker with any info we could get then let it drift into the void of normal posting?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts