• Medium (30-35%)

Votes: 50 27.2%
  • Dark (Below 30%)

Votes: 112 60.9%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
I live in Florida and have black leather and Asthma.....the more tint, the better for my health.

·
i lift trucks
1,202 Posts
on my civic i have 25% and 20% smoke all around (except windshield of course) and the supra has 5% all around...
I hate 5% and will be going with a 25/20 smoke on the Supra. Smoke > Black

·
Registered
945 Posts
more of a charcoal grey

·
i lift trucks
1,202 Posts
i dont have any good pics of it on my civic but as 87T said, its more of a grey than a black.
It wont turn purple either.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
I've had %5 on my car for about 9 years now. Or was it 10.

It's the only way to roll. It looks a little purpleish now. I need to replace it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The darkness rating of tint in terms of %, is that % of light being able to transmit thru the tint??? Example, is 5% tint meaning that only 5% of light transmit thru the tint?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,757 Posts
How many of you with illegal tint are getting pulled over?
I've wanted to tint my windows for awhile but not wasting the money for the legal tint that I probably won't be happy with

·
mount /dev/disk1s10 FFUU
903 Posts
ive never been pulled over for tint never gotten a ticket either. Most cops comment on how nice my car looks..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
i roll with 6 % but i usually drive with my windows down cept when i got pulled over the cop gave me a warning for my exhaust and my tint its kind of a pain to see out the back at night but with my windows down its not a big deal.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I doubt you'll get pulled over just because of your tint, but if you get pulled over for something different, they may slap you with a ticket for it. About a year and a half ago, i got pulled over for not signalling a lane change, and the cop gave me two tickets for each of the front windows of my SS Camaro, as well as illegal lane change, exhaust, and two blue sidemarker lights. That night sucked, but just be careful. If you do get pulled over, roll down your windows before you pull over :biggrin:

·
Banned, jk lol
3,866 Posts
Have 20% on my Supra, honestly it's nice, you can see at night, but during the day it isn't dark enough. I'd honestly go back and get 15%.

-Matt

1 - 20 of 72 Posts