Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think is a good tint for the windows... My wife has a Scion TC and I got that tinted with Formula 1 Pinnacle... It was one shade under the limit for Florida...

· Registered
74 Posts
What do you guys think is a good tint for the windows... My wife has a Scion TC and I got that tinted with Formula 1 Pinnacle... It was one shade under the limit for Florida...
where is the car going to be registered that is in question? i would estimate 99% of law enforcement cant test the rear 3 windows so they have a hard time proving the rear half is illegal or not so do those as dark as comfy driving with.

someone somewhere decided 15 to 18% light transmission is acceptable for all the soccer moms of the world and privacy glass on your run of the mill tahoe or minivan is pretty dark but fairly easy to see out of. your state of residence legal is maximum 32% light transmission so IMO your best safe bet is 35% on the doors and 15% in the rear. i use Llumar films and that is the darknesses we carry as well as a 5% (limo) films.

· 7M till the END
829 Posts
I have the Pinnacle as well but I got 15% all around and wont look back. Its dark enough to take all the heat and very dark for privacy, also its not dark enough to where you have to roll down your windows at night to see. I had 20% and 25% before on previous cars (Llumar film which is the same company as Formula) and %15 is perfect, any less and you are asking for trouble from the cops. I got pulled over several times in the last year and the cops not once mentioned the Tint.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up getting 15% on the doors and 5% on the rear and back window... looks amazing

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
What tint do the cruisers have on them, looks like 15-20 to me, we should give them a ticket.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What tint do the cruisers have on them, looks like 15-20 to me, we should give them a ticket.
Let me know were they put you up at after they arrest you... Maybe me and some of the guys can come laugh at you... :facesjump

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Lmfao, I'm not dumb.

· Registered
647 Posts
I have 15% all the way around and it is good during the day and night. I had 5% on my last supra and was good during the day but sucked at night unless you were on well lit roads. Cops still can see in if need be but if you get pulled over roll both windows down and turn all your lights on. Generally cops will be kind and let you go since you gave them the chance to see inside your car.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 15% all the way around and it is good during the day and night. I had 5% on my last supra and was good during the day but sucked at night unless you were on well lit roads. Cops still can see in if need be but if you get pulled over roll both windows down and turn all your lights on. Generally cops will be kind and let you go since you gave them the chance to see inside your car.
It also helps when you accidentally pull out our military id card... I frequently do that by mistake thinking I am pulling out my drivers license... :doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.