Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
i have a similar issue in my drivers side door, I think mine is messed up and off track or something tho, it rolls up horribly!

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
I am not sure if Toyota sells the bumpers separate. All you really need to do is replace all the window guide bumpers. They get hammered on and slowly smash down. Age also plays a role, they get brittle and shrink slightly creating slack. I would try Toyota first then looking around EBAY or a junk yard. Gather a bunch of the better condition bumpers and go from there. Good luck.

Dale

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
If they are loose the way I think you are referring to. Take off the interior of the door. Then you'll see a few metal guides with cloth covering them to hold the window in place near the top where the glass comes out of the door. Try loosing the bolt on the guides then move them as close to the glass and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yah i have this same problem..its those furry things ontop of the door im pretty sure that keeps the glass tight. Theres 2 of them. Also the weather striping on the outside-top of the door helps too.

glass guides
- 67231-20020 right side
- 67232-20020 left side
door stripping
- 68170-14220 right side
- 6822014190 left side

im not sure what else can help the glass from moving side to side since ive removed/installed the glass myself and I didnt notice anything else guiding it.

yah and ive tried to losen the bolts to the top furry guides and they can only move soo far up...doesnt help much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts