Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a stupid question but...

I just got my windshield replaced today and when I got the car back they put blue tape over it and onto the paint :eek: Anyway, I can't get ahold of the people who dropped my car off to ask why the tape is on there. Anyone know? My guess is to hold the molding in place for now, but I don't see why.

Would it be okay to take the tap off?

Picture is below

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Take it off now ;) Its ok

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Leave it on 24 hours. That is all..

Im rather surprised the all the edges where the windshield meets the molding were not taped though.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
oh come its aerodynamics.....and youve got your blue racing stripes now :D

nah the tape needs to stay on at the least a day at the most 3 days....i would leave it for 2 days and youll be fine.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Did they tell you to leave your windows cracked open when you shut your doors? I know theoretically the inside of car is supposed to be fairly air tight, and if you have recently replaced your windshield, then slam your door, you can either break the seal and/or pop your windsheild out! :eek:

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
I've had a lot of windshields replaced over the years (the last a couple of months ago) and NEVER had tape or warnings about closing it up tight.
Maybe I've just been lucky, or maybe my guy uses good sealant!

I think I'm going to ask for tape next time.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
VickSupra said:

I think I'm going to ask for tape next time.
:lol::lol:

vicksupra: umm yeah thats a good job and all but can i get some blue tape from the windshield to the roof and maybe some around the sides too....

windshield guy: umm why would you want that?

vicksupra: damnit man i want blue tape! give it to me!

:D

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Craig King said:
Did they tell you to leave your windows cracked open when you shut your doors? I know theoretically the inside of car is supposed to be fairly air tight, and if you have recently replaced your windshield, then slam your door, you can either break the seal and/or pop your windsheild out! :eek:
I've actually done that. Wasn't pretty.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,513 Posts
how much was it to have your winshield replaced???

i just had my hood fly up and crack my winshield tonight... :(
the used hood i bought didn't have a safety latch to protect it. i guess when i shut it i didn't lock it in tight....
i just had this replaced 4 months ago! :(
i believe it was around $200 something?

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Just like everone said leave it on for 24hrs and keep it away from water. So no washing and from the rain

I

·
0 Posts
I was told two days when I had mine done. They might have used a different adhesive though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts