Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting ready to install my NOS system in my car and I am going to use either a small fuel cell or my windshield washer container to use 110 octane for my fuel source and I was wondering if anyone knew how big the windshield washer container is?

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Fuel system

Wouldn't it be easier/safer to tap a fuel line with the proper equipment and perhaps an upgraded pump?

You don't want to run out of high octane fuel when running a wet shot.. that's for sure.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
I have seen a viper with a large direct port shot with the fuel source from a separate trunk mounted fuel cell housing 110 octane. How would this work? What would you do if it did run out? This seems to be a great option to have 110 at disposal for nitrous needs, but how can this be done safely?

Adam

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the windshield washer container is a idea my buddy threw at me since it is simple, close and he has seen it done before. He gave me the idea about running 110 from a seperate source since that is the setup he runs in his car at the track (chevy 2 running 4.70's in the 1/8 nitrous + alcohol) and said it helps some to prevent detonation. He also been begging me to build my car and take it to the track and clean house on import night. I am just wanting to do something differnet than the rest:cool:
I am more than likely going to put a 2 or 3 gallon fuel in my hatch and run a fuel pump and regulator from there as well. I was just kinda thinking if the windshield washer container held enough that I would use it just to get it out of the inside of the car.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
What if you drain the fuel cell while spraying? Wouldn't putting the fuel in the front, as per your original idea, possibly cause an explosion upon any hard impact? This set up intrigues me but I see a few problems that maybe you already have worked out.

Adam

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adrocktt: I will just have to keep my fuel cell level checked whenever I know I might be going to spray. With something like a 2 or 3 gal cell running low on or running empty on 110 should be no problem as long as I monitor it and spraying uses a very surprizing small amout of fuel. Also, I had already planned on inserting a small bladder inside the windshield washer container to prevent leakage upon frontal impact.

ruupit: Thanks for giving me the visual help:D What the hell happened to that car?

Also does anyone have a link or anything about that Viper with this same setup?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts