Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Enter The Supra
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Windshield washer motor

Ok, so I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem I'm having and am not having any luck with the TSRM in narrowing it down.

1. Front Wiper and Washer Switch (Front wipers work though)
2. Washer Motor (but it works for the rear)
3. Wire Harness (???, do these really go bad?)

Basically, my washer spray works for the rear hatch window, but it won't spray for the front windshield. Anyone run across this? I have the bumper off the car and I watched the tank as both were activated. The rear was activated and the motor made a sound, the front and nothing. Is it a bad motor, bad connection, is there a separate fuse? I'm a bit dumbfounded as to why one would work but not the other since both are being activated through the same motor. I don't think it's a split line either, as no fluid is dripping anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Since the bumper is off you should be able to tell if liquid is being siphoned out of the reservoir and into the lines that run under the hood liner and to the nozzles. If it is not being siphoned then your problem is there, if it is then your problem is somewhere in the rubber tubing, as I doubt both nozzles are clogged.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,965 Posts
Since the bumper is off you should be able to tell if liquid is being siphoned out of the reservoir and into the lines that run under the hood liner and to the nozzles. If it is not being siphoned then your problem is there, if it is then your problem is somewhere in the rubber tubing, as I doubt both nozzles are clogged.
The pump will just not run for the front wipers. If I engage the rear washer it will work. I rigged it so that I T'd off the rear line for the front because I thought the same thing but as soon as I pressed the rear wiper button, washer fluid came out the front. So I know that the line isn't plugged. I am wondering if its the switch at the steering wheel? Is that switch a bitch to replace?

R.K.

·
Enter The Supra
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hah, I forgot I made this thread last year. Ironically, I'm changing my pump today to see if that fixes it. I hope I get better results than what some of you have though. :nervous:

After repair edit: Changed the pump and still no front washer spray. :( Same thing as before, the pump is not even actuating, just like Radride has described. You can hear it going when you hit the rear washer, but nada for the front. Must be in the switch itself then.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,965 Posts
I just changed the switch and still no worky. I am fucken baffled? I give up. I'm just going to rig it so the fronts work by using the rear wiper button.

R.K.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,965 Posts
Just a little update. I finally fixed it. It turns out that there was a break in the wire. It was weird but I wired it up and viola it worked. So I bought a new switch for nothing. If someone needs a wiper switch I can sell you my perfectly good used one.

R.K.

·
ex BPU'er
5,096 Posts
I had this same problem, but the culprit was not the motors, but there was a big gash in the rubber hoses. I had my hood up, I turned on the washers and you just see all the liquid drain down your hood liner lol. Easy fix, just a couple of feet of tubing

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
why would you guys even need windshield washer on supra? I dd my car and don't even use wipers, I'm actually thinking about building smooth custom cowl panel to get rid of wipers

Stefan

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,965 Posts
why would you guys even need windshield washer on supra? I dd my car and don't even use wipers, I'm actually thinking about building smooth custom cowl panel to get rid of wipers

Stefan
We live in Canada and Chu777 drives his in the winter.

R.K.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Funny how the same problems come up with all our cars.

Same problem for me, the rear sprays as it should however the pump does not activate for the front washers. I guess I will take this thread to mean I likely have a break in the wire somewhere.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts