Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity what are your projects for this winter? Here in North Dakota winter is about 6 months so I’ll have a lot of time to get mine done. Here is what I’m doing.

1. I just sent my gauges and hvac to Stu, I can’t wait to see how they turn out
Watch Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Gauge

2. I’m in the process of taking off this wonderful carbon fiber overlay from my 3 interior panels. I did find 1 new piece. I’ll have to refinish the gauge cluster trim and the left side trim piece, unless someone would sell me either piece 🙂
Wood Flooring Floor Plumbing fixture Automotive exterior

3. It’s hard to tell from the picture but my back seats are weathered where someone would sit. I’ll probably end up going with interior innovations on that.
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Steering part

4. The previous owner took the hood insulator off so I’ll be painting the bottom side of the hood this year. I thought about getting a new insulator but my friend is an excellent painter at a reputable shop so I’ll let him work his magic. I had 2 front lips painted this fall and those will both be getting ppf. The entire car has been ppf so those 2 will be the last piece to the puzzle.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

I was considering getting weld wheels and some better rubber to help with the lack of traction but with what I do with my car it probably won’t make much sense. I only put about 500 miles a year on my car and I don’t drive it hard at all. That is what I got going on this winter, how about you?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yanking the twins, installing a FSR/Driftmotion Street Fighter single kit.
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Along with ...
  • VVTi head with Kelford V202-C cams, shimless buckets etc.
  • Drive-by-wire conversion - Bosch throttle body and Lexus DBW pedal
  • ETS 4" intercooler
  • Tomei titanium exhaust paired to PHR midpipe (FSR downpipe and PHR midpipe need cutting/welding
  • Radium fuel system - IDX1300 injectors, 295 pump, Radium filter/regulator/pulse-dampener
  • Frankenstein AEM/Aquamist water/meth setup
  • Haltech Elite 2500 to drive it all
Sheesh it's a lot of work. Many many hours ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
1. New exhaust
2. New coilovers
3. Sorting out small detail items (missing clips, grommets, etc)
4. Clean
5. Install boost and a/f gage (done)
6. Perhaps install boost controller
7. Alignment
8. Install 3-spoke steering wheel (done, still sorting out cruise switch)
9. Make bracket to hopefully install cruise actuator under catch can
10. More that's escaping me at the moment...

Winter in Arkansas is a great time to drive so these projects will be interspersed.

Erin

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The ol 2j put up with 750whp and lots of abuse with no issues for 4 years, but its time to pull it out and put it on steroids because... Is it even considered a supra without a 4 digit dyno sheet?

Just been slowly chipping away at it whenever I have some spare time, hopefully get it to the machine shop in the next week or two.
Doing high compression bottom end with billet mains and the fixins, ditching the oem non vvti head and slapping on a built gte vvti head.
Switching from a borg s369 to a precision 6870... goal is to pump 4 digit power out of this banshee with a big enjoyable area under the curve for a nice street driving experience, hence the vvti, and have big power on tap for the race track.

Probably gonna tuck wires, fill some holes and paint the engine bay while the motors out as well.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,974 Posts
I'm finally going to install the folding side view mirror motors. Fix a stripped coilpack bolt hole. Replace the exhaust. Also some general maintenance.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Replacing moldings and weatherstrips. Adding sound deadening/heat management. Just adding some in the door skins made a big difference

·
Registered
197 Posts
New AC compressor, sound system finally (speakers) for the Supra ... finish the Impreza's dry sump system and upgrade the engine a bit (gas ported rings); get the Corvair ready for spring (new weather stripping and other small bits and bobs) ... that's the plan anyway.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just got the car so it's a whole build pretty much. Swapping in a freshly built block, installing the 17Z Brembo BBK, HKS Hipermax S coilovers, BC Forged wheels, HKS Ti exhaust, tons of stuff. If I get a wild hair, I'll finally install the NA-T turbo setup I've been sitting on.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,974 Posts
^ Nice looking injector resistor bracket mount you have there :)

Why did you replace the booster? Were you having symptoms of a problem?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The old booster had a broken plastic plunger when going through a v160 swap causing some vacuum to leak. The brake pedal bracket somewhat broke in the process also. Finally got around to replacing 3 major brake components during the holidays. Luckily the booster was one of the items Toyota was able to bring back for its Heritage program.
Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
240 Posts
Winter time here in Iceland is somewhat similar. Hoping for some good times at the drag strip next summer.
  • Installed NA rear brakes for my 15'' setup
  • Finally got my Weld S77 wheel setup installed
  • Just upgraded from ID1000's to ID1700X's
  • Just upgraded from dual Walbro 255's to dual Walbro 450's
  • Will be going either GSC S2 cams or BC276 along with springs/retainers/etc. (currently stock cams)
  • Fluidampr crank pulley and PHR billet timing tensioner
  • Will be replacing Momo steering wheel for 97-98 OEM one
  • Currently in the final process of rebuilding my HKS Hipermax II's that I've had on the shelf for a few years
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Purple Cosmetics Violet Musical instrument Jewellery

• Love
Reactions: Wreckless

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Winter time here in Iceland is somewhat similar. Hoping for some good times at the drag strip next summer.
  • Installed NA rear brakes for my 15'' setup
  • Finally got my Weld S77 wheel setup installed
  • Just upgraded from ID1000's to ID1700X's
  • Just upgraded from dual Walbro 255's to dual Walbro 450's
  • Will be going either GSC S2 cams or BC276 along with springs/retainers/etc. (currently stock cams)
  • Fluidampr crank pulley and PHR billet timing tensioner
  • Will be replacing Momo steering wheel for 97-98 OEM one
  • Currently in the final process of rebuilding my HKS Hipermax II's that I've had on the shelf for a few years
View attachment 267394
View attachment 267397
Damn love those wheels. Aside from the NA brakes what else did you do to the fenders? Mine are trimmed but not rolled, seeing your car makes me want slicks again!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The ol 2j put up with 750whp and lots of abuse with no issues for 4 years, but its time to pull it out and put it on steroids because... Is it even considered a supra without a 4 digit dyno sheet?

Just been slowly chipping away at it whenever I have some spare time, hopefully get it to the machine shop in the next week or two.
Doing high compression bottom end with billet mains and the fixins, ditching the oem non vvti head and slapping on a built gte vvti head.
Switching from a borg s369 to a precision 6870... goal is to pump 4 digit power out of this banshee with a big enjoyable area under the curve for a nice street driving experience, hence the vvti, and have big power on tap for the race track.

Probably gonna tuck wires, fill some holes and paint the engine bay while the motors out as well.
I’m between 1000-1100hp on a 7675. I love it when the turbo actually kicks in but it is a little lazy. I’m curious to see how your build ends up, keep us posted!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts