Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NSW supra club Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i asked a few places for a adapter kit/plug to fit on m,y 93 tt supra(putting a alpine cd player in place of the original casette player),but no1 had it.
So ill have to cut the original loom/harness and solder the alpine wires to the original harness wires.
The only problem is i dont know what colour wire is what...so if any1 has any info on that ,it would help me a lot.

thanks

G

·
0 Posts
You dont need a wire harness specific to your car. Go to a stereo shop and get a wire harness for a 92 and up toyota and youll be fine.

G

·
0 Posts
This may help, If your radio is out of the car bring it into the store and see if the harness matches up. If they have metra harnesses then check the 70-8112.

I

·
0 Posts
Taking your stereo into a shop to match the harness will do no good due to the factory amplified system. There is only one harness coming out of the factory radio of a 94TT...and I am assuming it is the same way for all year model TTs. The harness you are looking for is the Metra 70-1761. It is the harness for late model Toyotas, and works on Supras. The actual harness you will use inside the car is located to the lower right inside the dash. There are two harnesses that you will unplug from connectors and connect to the Metra adaptor. If you have any questions or need some help drop me a line at [email protected]. I am willing to help. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts