Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GTR KLR
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I installed my front mount intercooler yesterday and I notice that on the passenger side hood latch I seem to have cut a wire. Now my car has been shutting off like the battery is dying. What did I cut? and is there a way to by pass it? Is it part of the anti-theft cuz now the security light on my dash doesnt blink? Thanks in advance any help is appreciated:)

·
GTR KLR
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was going to do but was really wanting to know the sig of the wire and since I cut it wanted to know what I was ordering

·
GTR KLR
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you sir I will bypass it. Dumb question will this cause the security light not to flash?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,232 Posts
Thank you sir I will bypass it. Dumb question will this cause the security light not to flash?
Yes, that wire being cut will cause the security system to NOT arm, because the alarm thinks that the hood is continually open. The alarm won't arm until the last "door" (including the hood) is closed and locked. The security light only flashes when the system is armed.

Also, if you just bypass it, the alarm will not activate if someone forces your hood open (like to disconnect the battery, so they can break into the cabin without the alarm going off).

You're better off just repairing the wire. Wire is wire, so you can just splice it back together, even if you have to buy a little bit of wire from your local auto parts store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts