Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I've been searching and couldn't find any info.

Well I have a 1987 Supra NA. I know that the ECU HAS to be the same as the chassis of the car due to the dash harness. But I was wondering is the engine wire harness also strict and has to be the same? Or can I pull any pre-89 wire harness?

I am also looking to buy a 87 wire harness for my NA-T conversion…

Any help would be grateful!

Edit: How scary this is my 666 post. :ugh2:

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
driftedmk3 said:
Ok, I've been searching and couldn't find any info.

Well I have a 1987 Supra NA. I know that the ECU HAS to be the same as the chassis of the car due to the dash harness. But I was wondering is the engine wire harness also strict and has to be the same? Or can I pull any pre-89 wire harness?

I am also looking to buy a 87 wire harness for my NA-T conversion…

Any help would be grateful!

Edit: How scary this is my 666 post. :ugh2:
The engine harness part number is on the wires between the ecu and firewall. I thought all engine harnesses for 90 turbos were the same...I was wrong. Just match the part numbers.

Dennis

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
any pre 89 will work with any pre89 car and any pre89 ecu

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I think the 87 harness had a sensor on the harness under the dashboard and the 89's have that sensor in the ECU itself.

Stay with the 87 Harness and ecu and things will be easier and simpler.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Any pre-89 harnesses should be interchangable provided you match up N/A or Turbo, and Auto or 5-speed.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff Lange said:
Any pre-89 harnesses should be interchangable provided you match up N/A or Turbo, and Auto or 5-speed.
So i'd be ok if I went with a 88 Wire Harness? I got a 87 Chassis and 87 Turbo ECU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts