Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My boss set me on fire!?!
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a simple link from the 1jz engine harness to the MA70 body harness. Such as "the white/pink wire from the 1j harness goes to the brown/yellow wire on the MA70 body harness" Made up the colors but you get the point..

Thanks

Danny

BTW it is a 1j from a MA70, going into a 92.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Two sources...

www.1jz-gte.us

Go to the reference docs and look there. Has just about every diagramn for the 1JZ
Also, has the mapping you are asking about. However, it's for a 91 swap to a manual...

Or, contact HamsMKIII on the board here and he can make them for you. All depends on how good you are with wiring.

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am great at wiring. I am trying to cut out some of the time to figure out what wiring needs to go where. Other wise I Will being using a meter, several beer's, and a whole bunch of time in my week to figure this out. :beer:

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
godelfer said:
I am great at wiring. I am trying to cut out some of the time to figure out what wiring needs to go where. Other wise I Will being using a meter, several beer's, and a whole bunch of time in my week to figure this out. :beer:

LOL I never recommend wiring an engine harness and beer! That's just asking for trouble! :bigthumb:

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was a bit of a joke.. When you grab a soldering iron like a cigarette it hurts a bit... No really. I have been building custom harnesses for stand alone ecu's for a few years now and modifying factory harnesses for the past eight years (240 swaps, fwd sr20 swaps, ect ect.) I am just looking to save some time.

Danny

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
godelfer said:
That was a bit of a joke.. When you grab a soldering iron like a cigarette it hurts a bit... No really. I have been building custom harnesses for stand alone ecu's for a few years now and modifying factory harnesses for the past eight years (240 swaps, fwd sr20 swaps, ect ect.) I am just looking to save some time.

Danny

Oh I know, I was just playing around too. I actually meant that the wiring part of the swap is the most crucial. Screw that up and the car will never run right! Anyhow, best of luck to you. It's fairly straight forward, just time consuming. The wiring for this swap is more difficult than a SR20 swap though as I've done both. :)

You'll enjoy it though!

- Hams.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Marty1MC said:
The not documented anywhere AE2 connector will be the most fun!
Do you mean the EA2 connector?? You dont even need to wire it up and it is documented. Easiest part of the swap.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Marty1MC said:
The not documented anywhere AE2 connector will be the most fun!

BAH!!! I've got one. I've given it to Several people on the board.

If you guys have a webpage and you want to post it up, i'll be more then happy to send it to you.

I'm sure that a few guys on this board will vouch for the diagram.

Bryan

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes, it is the EA2 and where is it documented??? I did it on my own, but I also removed alot of wiring related to the automatic, fans for the radiator and integrated the cabling for the alternator. I only had to splice 3 wires and everything else moved over, clips, fusible link and all. Thanks again for the tip, Hams...

Marty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts