Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am reaching out for some help. I recently got my car back from the garage getting motor rebuilt after a VERY long time at the shop......long story. The reason I am reaching out is I need a wiring guru or someone that knows these systems in the car very well. The car runs great now finally...but my problem is electrical. When I bought the car years ago I didnt realize what an electrical nightmare that the car was.....I should have did my homework and looked at the car better. Anyway the background on the car I was told it was a theft recovery and put/pieced back together. I have a ton of unhooked plugs under the hood and in the dash and have no idea where they go.....I should have started off by saying wiring is not my forte as I am a school teacher....but anyway mechanical makes sense to me not really any sort of wiring. As I stated I need someone to look at / help with the car. I wish I had one to compare it to but obviously I do not. I need a good shop reference or person near me. I live in Kittanning Pa. Anyone looking for a side project/job during these hard times. Any and all help is appreciated. I have also listed this in the wanted section as well as I need to find someone and finally get this car on the road and finally drive it after 7 long years
The car is a:
94 targa top
single turbo
r154 transmission
Starts/Runs Drives and is tuned
Its just all electrical
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,276 Posts
This may help too:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might want to ask people near by you. Maybe try...

NorthEast Forum
I will post in there as well. Thank you for the suggestion.
It's not exactly what you're asking for but this site probably has the electric wiring diagrams you need.
I was looking for a local or someone close that could look at the car and possibly work on it. I thank you for the slug identifiers. I book marked it and might have to try and undertake this if I cannot find anyone.

·
From the land down under
4,105 Posts
Can you take some photos of the engine bay and harness so we can see which areas you are struggling with?

If you upload some images into the thread, we will be able to better help you :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So here are just a few that I took pictures of.
I think the orange ones are HVAC

Attachments

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
PIcture 1 and 2 is the diagnostic port (hangs on the firewall mount)
Picture 3 Gray looks like Turbo pressure sensor, VSV for fuel pressure and IACV?
Picture 4 TRAC actuator?
Picture 5 HVAC behind the radio

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So finally some time to work on the car. I haven’t found anyone that wants to work on it so I have begun to try it myself. So for the AC amplifier plugs I assume it won’t turn on without the amplifier. I think that is missing out of the car. Anyone have one for sale? For the radio I think it’s this plug I have taken a picture for. Used a test light and no pins are hot. Fuses are good. I was trying to track down the parts. I think there is an amp somewhere in the car but I may not have it. Will that cause the radio not to power on? As always thanks for the help guys.

·
Stock Twins King
4,462 Posts
No Picture? Radio will not turn on w/o the underseat amp/ NA cars dont have amps BTW/ AC Amplifiers I see everywhere for sale used.

Do you have the radio? Is the plug you see a 15 pin plug? Do you have a radio tunnel cowl the goes down the passenger hump? These are all parts for a premium car sound system, not showing the rear hatch SW tho

Left is the passenger side stereo cowl that goes to the amp,on the right. Amp sits under passenger seat. The white plug center left is the OEM stereo plug that someone plugged in an integration adapter (for a new HU)

You do have the actual HVAC controller correct?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,440 Posts
NA cars dont have amps BTW
NA cars with the premium sound system DO have an amp. My NA had the amp and still has the stock subwoofer enclosure.

Reactions: Demonjugz

·
Stock Twins King
4,462 Posts
NA cars with the premium sound system DO have an amp. My NA had the amp and still has the stock subwoofer enclosure.
Well goes to show what I know lol...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No Picture? Radio will not turn on w/o the underseat amp/ NA cars dont have amps BTW/ AC Amplifiers I see everywhere for sale used.

View attachment 251872

Do you have the radio? Is the plug you see a 15 pin plug? Do you have a radio tunnel cowl the goes down the passenger hump? These are all parts for a premium car sound system, not showing the rear hatch SW tho

View attachment 251873

Left is the passenger side stereo cowl that goes to the amp,on the right. Amp sits under passenger seat. The white plug center left is the OEM stereo plug that someone plugged in an integration adapter (for a new HU)

You do have the actual HVAC controller correct?
I do have the actual controller but I think I am missing the amp for the ac. Sorry I just saw the pictures didn’t load. I removed the passenger seat and didn’t find an amp under there. It looks like the previous owner made a wire harness jumpering off of where an amp should be but I got only one wire with power with the key on. Is the read one that’s with the blue one and speaker wires
56A6D86D-565F-43DB-9006-82E9043D2C6D.jpeg
4C61D248-E2F9-4BD3-BDC1-D925CDD2D558.jpeg
3214E1C2-F794-41AF-BE5D-9CB7A43881C9.jpeg
D20C6F01-16CA-4DB5-8EBD-B3F3898D5ADB.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The next item on the agenda is the speedo and tack. The tack drops out at 1900-2000 rpms. Anyone have an idea where to check/look

1 - 19 of 19 Posts