Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Let's Do This
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i tried this thread in the 'interior' section and got not advice so i'll try again here... I installed a series II clock in my supra. When i plugged it in, it was lit but when I turned the lights on it went dark. Per some advice I switched two of the wired in the connector. Now the clock only works when the lights are on.. when I turn the lights off, the clock dies as does my a/c controls?? wtf?

Help me fix this.... any advice would be appreciated

· Registered
11,198 Posts
sounds like you may have the illumination and accessory power wire switched. take the clock out and trace that harness, use a multimeter, there should be one wire that is permenantly 12v, then there should be another wire that only sees voltage when you turn your lights on, then there should also be a ground, turn the multimeter onto continuity and ground one side to the car and then to the harness and if it beeps,you have good ground. that should start you off. feel free to pm me if you need anymore help, i know this sounds confusing but i can walk you through it easier. i did all of this when i did my gauging. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.