Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a stupid question but here it is anyway.

My car is down because its getting painted and I have a bunch of stuff lying around waiting to get installed. I have a fields harness and want to wire some stuff into it so when I get the car back I can just wire up a couple loose ends and go.

My question is how much can be wired into the MAP-ECU fields harness? Can I wire the power for my Turbo Timer, Boost Controller, and Racelogic into it without to much drain or should I try to seperate them? Also can I get the other connections for my turbo timer in the same harness?

Tried to search but the function is broken.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
The turbo timer needs instant power anyway. But basically you can wire in all the "usual goodies" like BC, BCC and so on. These uses only some hundret milliamps Check the power consumption of the Racelogic unit and if the power is minor (like one amp or so) you can wire it also into it. Otherwise I would recommend a different main power source for it.

Hope this helps.
Gerd

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
i wouldnt recomend running anything directlly into the harness of the ecu, i would try to catch it somewhere before the ecu and even more preferablly off a different wire. you dont want to be driving back from vacation and pull too much current and your ecu die on the side of the road...

·
Stock Twins King
4,490 Posts
I actually just finished wiring up a fields on my bench. I spliced in enough connections so when it come time to actually install components, the wiring is already done. I put shielded connectors on every wire. Kind of like what you get with a new PC power supply. All the pigtails are there waiting to be connected.

I would agree on some of the power sources. There are more than 1 on the ECU, some switched, and some not. Iwouldnt worry too much on the ground, but keep to the "signal" ground, not chassis ground on the harness.

I also have the complete 10 pin snap Molex style connector installed for the RLTC system. Highly recommend you do that prior to installing the Feilds, That is a wiring PITA with all the injector wires.

Want a pic LMK, I can take a shot and post mine.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stu Hagen said:
I actually just finished wiring up a fields on my bench. I spliced in enough connections so when it come time to actually install components, the wiring is already done. I put shielded connectors on every wire. Kind of like what you get with a new PC power supply. All the pigtails are there waiting to be connected.

I would agree on some of the power sources. There are more than 1 on the ECU, some switched, and some not. Iwouldnt worry too much on the ground, but keep to the "signal" ground, not chassis ground on the harness.

I also have the complete 10 pin snap Molex style connector installed for the RLTC system. Highly recommend you do that prior to installing the Feilds, That is a wiring PITA with all the injector wires.

Want a pic LMK, I can take a shot and post mine.
Stu- A pic would be great especially of the molex RLTC connector your talking about I'm going to try to wire most of the RLTC into the Fields harness before I get my car back so this may help a lot. Also did you remove the traction controll unit next to the ECU?

[email protected]

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts