Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was thinking and been doing a lot of research for 1jz swap. I was wonderin has anyone try sc wire harnass on the swap? or would it fit? just curious since a lot of part from a sc300 would fit in to the 1jz. Has anyone tried? sorry i'm not that great with these electrical thingy..... just wanted to know :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm sure the harness will fit on the engine, but the harness has to come with the ECU. The SC's ECU is different. Well, the plugs are. I don't have one, but they look diff. from the pictures.

Put it this way: It is possible if you want to do it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i see. well just asking and wonderin if anyone has tried it yet. but i'll give it a try and i'll let everyone know the result to it. how about the lenght? is it long enough to connect into the mk3 does anyone know? i am about to buy one but just need to find out some info b4 getting something i cant return.

·
Registered
159 Posts
sc have same ecu plugs as mk4 toyota. 1jz have different plugs. same work with harness: cut at plugs and lenght its or cut plugs and change for anothers.

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
ya it will work, IF you butcher up the ECU plugs on both harnesses... (I wouldn't do it but...)

The ECU plugs, pinouts and wire colors are TOTALLY different on the 1JZ's ECU, so I say you'll spend MORE time trying to convert your SC300 harness trying to get pinouts right than you would just using and lengthening the 1JZ harness.

I know this because I have done a cross platform 1JZ swap, and I spent more time verifying pin outs than actually lengthening the harness itself!!

if you have a JZZ30 motor set with uncut harness, yer crazy if you spend the extra time trying to use the SC300 harness because of all the extra time it's gonna take you to make it work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts