Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1991 toyota Supra Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello so we had a SAFC laying around and we decided to wire it up we searched for diagrams, pinouts and all that and everything works and lights up fine. it reads tps,rpm (reads rpm alittle off). Only thing it doesn't read is karmen. It stays at 3hz all the time while reving, idle, and when keys in ignition. we checked the wiring it was connected to the afm. We just dont know why the SAFC doesn't read the afm or change the fuel mapping. We set it up correctly in the SAFC. Just dont know.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Where did you tap into the AFM wire on the ECU?
Do you have the sensor type selected in the AFC?
There's some other setting in the AFC you need to configure too.

·
Registered
1991 toyota Supra Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you tap into the AFM wire on the ECU?
Do you have the sensor type selected in the AFC?
There's some other setting in the AFC you need to configure too.
Yeah so I selected Karmen in the afc and We also configured the cylinders and is there anything else that I missed? We tapped into the wire with green with red stripes

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
There is an arrow direction that needs to go a certain way.
It's been ages since I messed with one. Let me see if I can find it in the man-well.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts

The throttle arrow, if I remember correctly goes like shown in this picture. (But shouldn't affect just monitoring the Hz on the AFM.)

I'd double check you have the correct wiring for the AFM. Remember it needs to break the wire, one goes into the AFC the other comes out back to the ECU. (Intercepting the signal.)

·
Registered
1991 toyota Supra Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
View attachment 252764

The throttle arrow, if I remember correctly goes like shown in this picture. (But shouldn't affect just monitoring the Hz on the AFM.)

I'd double check you have the correct wiring for the AFM. Remember it needs to break the wire, one goes into the AFC the other comes out back to the ECU. (Intercepting the signal.)
im not sure anymore im just stumped. we cut the wire and wired it straight but still doesnt read, my guess is afm is bad or wiring but reconnecting the afm wire back together it runs just fine. also with connecting the afc it throws an engine light.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
There is a signal in AND a signal out wire for the AFC. That's how the whole thing works.

When you locate the correct airflow wire, labeled KS shown here:

This wire needs to be snipped, the end that's leading to the AFM sensor needs to go into the "Sensor IN" wire on the AFC, and the "Sensor OUT" wire of the AFC gets connected to the other end of the wire going into the ECU. Looks like it should be a yellow wire and a white wire on the AFC harness.

·
Registered
1991 toyota Supra Turbo
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a signal in AND a signal out wire for the AFC. That's how the whole thing works.

When you locate the correct airflow wire, labeled KS shown here:

View attachment 252765

This wire needs to be snipped, the end that's leading to the AFM sensor needs to go into the "Sensor IN" wire on the AFC, and the "Sensor OUT" wire of the AFC gets connected to the other end of the wire going into the ECU. Looks like it should be a yellow wire and a white wire on the AFC harness.
That’s how we wired it I’m going to try to disconnect and reconnect those wires to see if anything changes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts