Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to wire two amps, one for speakers and one mono amp for sub?

i would need a power wire for both amps or a distribution block, two groudn wires, and two remote wires or i can split the wire going to the HU. for the RCA wouldi be able to run a short RCA cable from the speaker amp to the sub amp. my hu only has one RCA output. so would it be possible to run two amps?

also how much will my battery be draining? would i have to worry about dimming headlights and stuff?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
depending on what amps you have you could use one power wire to a d-block and ground the 2 amps at 2 different locations in the trunk. are you using the stock HU? if not then your HU might have a couple of RCA out putes, on for the front, rear, and SW. if then then you can use a short one to connect the 2 amps as master and slave. as for the remote wire, you can just split the one from the HU to the 2 amps.

sorry, i just noticed that you said that you only have one RCA, you can run a y-adapter for the 2 amps.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm..ok i understand everything better know since i read up on it a little...

how does the y adapter work? does it attach to the RCA cables coming from the HU itself then it splits to wat? thats the only thing that i dont understand.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
yes, you need 2. one for the left and one for the right. it will split your rca from the HU from 1+ and 1- to 2+ and 2-.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts