Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea as to how one would wire up the TT to the car alarm? At it's current state, I can arm the car while running, but I have the shock sensor set to a pretty touchy level. So while the engine is running, the shock sensor picks up the vibes and starts to go off.

There has to be a way to wire up a relay on the TT to act as if it is remote start running, and that is what the alarm sees. Therefore it won't set the full trigger off, or it will delay the shock sensor from picking anything up for around 5min.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Banned
909 Posts
IN theroy[sp?] you should be able to get your alarm to passivly arm after a lenth of time. Therefore if your TT is 5 min, and you set your alarm for 5 min 10 seconds, you should be good to go. I know that you can setup a passive alarm, though the exact science of it I don't know. Though I'm going to a place that does all my work and I can find out for you for sure. What brand alarm?

<edit> Leave me alone, I'm on graveyards, I'm nervous, and I didn't notice the Viper part :p </edit>

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to stay away from relying on passive arming.

I need to figure it out so I can have Wade complete that little part.

·
Banned
909 Posts
Hua said:
I'd like to stay away from relying on passive arming.

I need to figure it out so I can have Wade complete that little part.
OHHHHH ok ok...

Do you have remote start?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, on this particular system you need to find the shunt sensor input wire. In this case, it's the brown black wire. This needs to see a negative 12volt signal. This wire is normally used for cars equipped with remote start. As long as it receives the signal, it will bypass all sensors except ignition kill and door latches, etc. So shock sensor is disabled at this moment.

The turbo timer has a negative output wire. Connect this to the brown/black wire. When the turbo timer shuts off, the signal drops to zero volts, or should at least. This will then tell the alarm that it is ok to monitor the bypassed sensors initially.

And for those installing their own alarm, the wires listed for door lock/unlock from DEI and the MKIV.com site are incorrect.

At least on my Supra.

·
Banned
909 Posts
Could you not just run a line that remains charged as long as the engine is running, say acc. or such? Or am I still missing something...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts