Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find where the two wires in the photo connects, I have looked over the harness and can't find where the two wires, got cut from. Under dash and Lt kick panel.
1990 Toyota Supra turbo
Leg Automotive tire Human body Comfort Bicycle tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those color combination of wires could go to a few things in that general area, primarily relating to lights. The bezel around your ignition is powered by those color wires, but my bet is that these probably go to a different small light that is in the lower kick panel, just above the pedals.

If neither of those look to be severed or missing, and you are truly in the left kick panel area, look for the fog light relay (F11 below), and make sure there are four wires going into the plug. Should be Red (Solid, Black Stripe, Green Stripe, and Yellow Stripe). Note sure the routing has these two together, per say, but that is another possibility.

Slope Font Parallel Engineering Rectangle

I can have a look in the car when I get a chance, if this doesn't help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your help. Here is a photo, I have tested the red has power. The red with yellow, if I ground it, the dome and the ignition switch light come on. I have pulled every plugin that is in the photo, and can't find where the two wires go.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Art Hat

·
90T
857 Posts
As T&D stated its an interior light of some description. Red will be power and grounding R-Y will turn on all the interior lights as if the door had been opened just as you observed.
Possible lights:
ignition key cylinder
step light under dash**
door key cylinder light
door open warning light on dash
door courtesy lights left and right

** indicates most likely culprit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look at the kick panel that goes above the pedals and see if there is an incandescent bulb in a small black holder in that panel (this is the "step light"). Also look around the steering column area for this wire. If you cant find it, that is likely your culprit; cut off or missing. It looks as though grounding the R-Y would indeed short ground the dome (if set to "door") and ignition cylinder light.

Product Rectangle Font Schematic Parallel

·
90T
857 Posts
For sure it is the step light. The fact that the ignition key light comes on when you ground R-Y confirms it is on the circuit with the dome, step light, and ign key light.

step light

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts