Supra Forums banner

1421 - 1429 of 1429 Posts

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,304 Posts
Josh that sounds great. I should have my Supra up and running within the month here as I am changing over to a VVTi motor. Would be great to catch up with Andrew and yourself. I am currently up in the Neenah area but always up for a trip to Madison.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Josh that sounds great. I should have my Supra up and running within the month here as I am changing over to a VVTi motor. Would be great to catch up with Andrew and yourself. I am currently up in the Neenah area but always up for a trip to Madison.
Let me know when you're up and running. I'll try to check the forums more frequently. I know Andrew is still poking around the forums too. I was just at his house. We are going to his house to watch the UFC fights next weekend if you're around. Since there will be probably lots of booze probably not be driving the Z06, but I'm sure there will be lots of car talk. Also as a bonus watching car youtube videos on a 100" screen is both awesome when they're newer and kind of sad when you're trying to relive the glory days of the old Redline or other Supra classics haha

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,304 Posts
Josh, will do! This weekend wouldn't have worked for me since I was out on the water up in Waupaca. Looking like my car should be running on the VVTi probably by late September.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Been going through old footage. Remember this Supra around Madison? Jon has since sold it as it was a long time ago and from what I understand it is now white

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,304 Posts
ahh the good ole days. My car should be running in the next week or two!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Relatively new to this forum and to Supra’s in general. I have a 2020 That I bought in June of 2020. I’m presently modifying it with a JB4 with additional EWG management and E85 sensor and software flash from BurgerTuning. I want to try my hand at time trials, trying to stay in the initial Supra class the SSCA put it in. I’m eyeing Road America as a place to start. I’m 74 and retired doc. Had a bunch of HiPo cars in my time but never went racing. I’ve been to BIR many times over the last few years but I’m not sure they are going to reopen (sad, hoped to become an instructor there this year). I live in Eau Claire - seems to be somewhat of a car desert here. I know a few folks here with vettes, Audi’s, Bimmers but only one real race guy. Any groups here or in eastern Minnesota anyone would recommend?

·
2JZ S13
2,216 Posts
Relatively new to this forum and to Supra’s in general. I have a 2020 That I bought in June of 2020. I’m presently modifying it with a JB4 with additional EWG management and E85 sensor and software flash from BurgerTuning. I want to try my hand at time trials, trying to stay in the initial Supra class the SSCA put it in. I’m eyeing Road America as a place to start. I’m 74 and retired doc. Had a bunch of HiPo cars in my time but never went racing. I’ve been to BIR many times over the last few years but I’m not sure they are going to reopen (sad, hoped to become an instructor there this year). I live in Eau Claire - seems to be somewhat of a car desert here. I know a few folks here with vettes, Audi’s, Bimmers but only one real race guy. Any groups here or in eastern Minnesota anyone would recommend?

Welcome, I'm not too familiar with the Eau Claire car scene but i would have thought there would still be some people in that area. Have you considered coming east and having a go at Road America? That would be a good time. plus they have alot of open lapping days.

1421 - 1429 of 1429 Posts