Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
BMW 328 series coupe E46 body style
BMW M3 e36 body style

BMW are plentiful at auctions, can get them decently priced.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
A 4X4 truck or SUV.

Be nice to your car in the winter, yo.

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Of those choices I would do the IS300 (RWD) or WRX (although I'm not a fan of the Sportback model). For me it would be a tossup between those 2 as the IS300 is a nicer overall car (I had a turboed 02 and loved it) but the WRX is faster from the factory.

Actually the Legacy GT is nice too. Tough choice between those 3:)

I'm thinking:

'01 IS300;
'02 TL Type-S;
'02 WRX Sportback;
'03 Legacy GT.

Thoughts, suggestions?

I know there are many threads similar to this but I can't seem to be able to search here. :runaway:

Thanks for the input.

--Ryan

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
It will be replacing a '93 ZJ ... I'd like to find a nice '01-'02 WJ but am not sure if I want to DD something that only gets 17mpg.
If you get anything sporty with a turbo on it, I guarantee you that you won't see better than 17mpg, hot foot. :nono:

·
Mr.Traction
21 Posts
my 02 WRX sedan gets around 26mpg hwy doing steady 75-80mph. In the city I get at least 20mpg. I also have a catless DP and full exhaust, bigger TMIC, dropped some, and Cobb AccessPort for the ECU remap. Its got some pep to it for $1100 in BPU and stockish mpg.

I like it. Rain, ice, and snow aren't as scary as for other people. I can still punch it in the rain and dodge jackass drivers with some ice. FYI, ignore Subaru's warranty.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would sell you my modded 99 Mercedes CLK430 for $15k and I'm in Maryland. SIlver one on the right in my sig.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'd say Legacy GT or WRX also. You just never know what the weather is gonna do nowadays! I sold my modded, 5sp swapped Legacy Touring Wagon and I miss it, I'll really miss it when winter comes around.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gs400:)

·
2JZ S13
2,214 Posts
Legacy GT or a WRX Wagon :)

then a IS300 or a GS

1 - 20 of 42 Posts