Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
i'm a bauce
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why spend 4k for an sp-57 kit, to get 470rwhp

when you can spend ~5~ k and get 600rwhp with the sp-63?

stock twins and a 75 shot now would get you 550rwhp, so why not spend 500 for the nos, instead of 4k for the 57?

dosen't make sense to me?

when i go single it will be sp63 or 66...no sense in spending the extra money if your only gonna be 50hp over bpu

Larry?, anyone care to fill me in?

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Alot of people don' t want to upgrade the stock fuel system right away. The 63 is too big for that. The 57 or 60 allows them to make more power than at BPU, last longer than the bottle, and continue to use the stock fuel system. It's also easier to upgrade once the kit is in place. You may lose a few hundred selling your turbo for an upgrade but it's not bad. It's what I just did.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Along with what Cedric said about the fuel system, some people like the idea of a quick spooling turbo and instead of a laggy big turbo. Also don't forget about real world drivabilty. (Larry, please correct me if I am wrong on this.) Which I think is one of SP's goals in designing smaller turbos. They want to maintain the overall stock drivabilty while at the same time give you that quick spooling kick in the ass when the turbo hits.

Besides, IMHO, not all Supra owners want or will ever need 700-1000 HP cars, some just want enough to know that they will own anything or everything on the street and SP gives them the flexibility to do what ever they want with the range of kits they carry.

-jA
(saving my pennies for a SP57 or SP60)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts