Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a street race woudl you rather have the lighter weight with out the seat ot the bette weight balance with it ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
The etire rear seat in a Supra, top and bottom, weighs like 26 lbs.

I think a rule of thumb is that for every 100 lbs less weight the same car will accelerate 1/10 th of a second quicker over a 1/4 mile. So theoretically by removing the rear seats you could go .025 seconds faster. LOL Of course you could also yank out the rear seat belts, heavy spare tire, tools and save a bit more weight.

So unless you would put your car on a serious diet (100+ lbs) I would say leave the seats in for the better weight distribution for the launch.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'd say you'd be pretty close to getting 100 #s out removing rear seat, heavy steel spair, steal jack, and rear seatbelts. Too bad it's in the rear where you need the traction though...

I'd say you gain more from practice...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
It's not worth the small weight loss to have a gaping hole behind the front seats. If you were going to do it you might as well add lightweight racing seats in front too and go for the whole race look.

Think of the rear seat as nicely a padded leather storage area. And when you use leather conditioner on it regularly you get the nice leather aroma. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts