1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just won this

[http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...p;category=6447

Imperial Jade Mica supra on ebay. My hands are still shaking. Would have had it inspected earlier but the car did not catch my attention until yesterday. The car is in Chicago area. I am in Florida and can't get up there until later this week. Originally posted in MKIV but moderator suggested I also post here.

Does anyone know anything about this car? I was told it originaly came from Florida East Coast and has been in Chicago since September. It is represented as mint with the exception of BPU intake.

I need to give the seller a $1,000 non-refundable deposit within 24 hours. Can anyone refer me to a reliable inspector in Chicago area or would one of you guys care to take a look at it for me? I'll return the favor somehow.

Thanks, Jim

please PM or
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
The link doesn't work, but pm me the details...location, way to get in touch with the seller and I'll see what I can do about it. Also how much of an inspection do you want.

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
depending on what you want as far as inspection goes i would possibly be willing to go down to chicago and check it out. reason i say how far you wanna go with the inspection is i am by no means a mechanic but i can easily check and see if its all clean and what not.

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
The seller supradawg007 has been banned from this site. I would ask a moderator for some help. I also remember this same car came up awhile ago. Same thing, a guy from California wanted some one to look at this car in schaumburg..... Be carefull!! I will see if I can find it to see what the result was.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your responses and several PM's. The person I am purchasing from is named Anam (Adam) Qadri. I spoke with him and he seems like a good guy. I have an inspector going out to look at the car early this afternoon. Assuming the inspection checks out I will make deposit.

I will keep you all posted concerning the outcome of inspection and transaction. Ascari_2, Larrabee and Lintrix have offered assistance via PM and I may need it so thanks. You midwest guys are pretty cool.

Thanks, Jim

B

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car had been wrecked. The inspector gave me the run down over the phone and it did not take very long to conclude that this is not the car for me.

The "mint" 17,800 mile 1998 IMJ Supra looked great in the auction photos but had been previously wrecked and had indications of wear. Both front and rear quarters had been replaced and the car had been repainted. There was a lot of overspray. The "10 out of 10" interior had new front seat covers and the back seats, which were not shown in the auction photos, were not shown for good reason. The car did not drive well either. There were other things not right, but, after the first few were mentioned I asked the inspectors to simply send me the report. If anyone wants to see it, send me a PM.

Thanks to all of you who helped raise the red flag or offered to take a look at the car. I could have found myself in a real bind. Supraforums is a good community and in the future I will make sure that I check before making bid. Checking afterwards is not a good idea but maybe I saved the next highest bidders ass. I left the seller a neutral feedback because he allowed the inspection and did not press me to make payment before the 24 hours was up.

I also like to thank and recommend Theresa, Bruce and Joel of Pro Auto Inpectors

http://www.proautoinspectors.com/.html

they got things done in less than a day and were great to work with.

Again, thanks a bunch. Jim

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Sounds like you saved yourself a lot of headaches. The right one will show up soon.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ascari_2 said:
Sounds like you saved yourself a lot of headaches. The right one will show up soon.
I am sure you are right. I may get my first neutral or negative feedback on ebay and I am out of $115 for the inspection, but this is much better than the alternative.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check out the next highest bidders:

kholan55 ( 1 ) US $37,200.00 Mar-21-05 13:20:00 PST

hyperhoho ( 0 ) US $33,500.00 Mar-19-05 16:02:09 PST

handyman_guy31 ( 11) US $33,200.00 Mar-21-05 05:12:01 PST

watchout96 ( 1 ) US $33,000.00 Mar-19-05 15:55:13 PST

hyperhoho ( 0 ) US $33,000.00 Mar-19-05 16:01:56 PST

chicagomotorcars ( 123) US $32,501.00 Mar-14-05 22:29:11 PST

kholan55 and watchout96 both have previous bid history with chicago motor cars (aka Parin Shah).

hyperhoho - that handle was mentioned in the threads referenced by Badazz and turboa7mgte

Only handymanguy_31 does not seem to be related to the others.

Is there a pattern here?

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
good to hear to got it worked out. shitty that it turned out to be a crappy car. atlest you didnt spend 30 some thousand to find that out.

B

·
0 Posts
hey bad azz your a fucking retard!!! I know this guy selling this supra his name is anam or adam which is easier to pronounce. your post with the links is wrong get your shit straight. There are 5 supra resllers in chicago area. gary @ sp knows this guy. I can vouch for him. Just so you know your a fucking retard with no lie and you should chase a ball into traffic. I know there was some paint work but whaT SUPRA HASNT HAD SOME??? NOT MANY WITH THIS MILAGE UNDER 40K. AND BTW I YOU THINK IM HIM CALL ME 6308854603 AND ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH O A DUMB FUCK YOU ARE BADDAZZ

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
boostedbytwins said:
hey bad azz your a fucking retard!!! I know this guy selling this supra his name is anam or adam which is easier to pronounce. your post with the links is wrong get your shit straight. There are 5 supra resllers in chicago area. gary @ sp knows this guy. I can vouch for him. Just so you know your a fucking retard with no lie and you should chase a ball into traffic. I know there was some paint work but whaT SUPRA HASNT HAD SOME??? NOT MANY WITH THIS MILAGE UNDER 40K. AND BTW I YOU THINK IM HIM CALL ME 6308854603 AND ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH O A DUMB FUCK YOU ARE BADDAZZ
:ban:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts