Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car for some reason dosent't want to hit 18psi anymore...I have a MBC and I just did the spring mod and still the same. It is still in sequential mode...It makes boost with the 1st turbo like it always does, but when it comes time for the 2nd to come online it just drops boost with bogging and hesitation during WOT..??

Any suggestions... Would TTC mode help

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
check the vacuum hose under/near the first turbo....its probably blown off. Check all of them out though...if everything is secure try temp TTC

Jason

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Best solution is to try TTC and report back the results.

Otherwise it could be anything from a seized turbo to a loose vacuum hose on a VSV.

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
Usually on a blown 2nd turbo you will get a whine/honking sound. I agree that temp ttc will be the first test I would do to make sure #2 is still working and only takes about 20 min to do. If it works and you like TTC, leave it. If not, then you can do a pressure test on the system to see where your leaks are coming from.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had this problem not to long ago, turned out to be a collapsed hose. Check the hoses that look corrugated after your air filter inlet pipe.On my carthe hose going to the second turbo was 90% collapsed so that no air could go to it, good luck.

·
Registered
967 Posts
The problem with doing Temp TTC and E-TTC is that they still rely on the sequential system components to be functioning properly in order to perform. I.E---if you had a bad IACV VSV that was not opening, you would still not have it open with temp ttc in order to fill the actuator and have the checkvalve hold in the air. Check all the hoses for the sequential system components first like hotsoup said, as it could be likely you popped the iacv or egcv hose.

·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from the test drive. Everything looks good. I put ther car in temp TTC mode, did the spring mod, and also tightened one of the VSV hoses (I assume came loose and was causing the problem). Now the boost hits and stays strong @ 18psi.

Thanks for all the help..
Nazar

·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah..The hose on the VSV was loose/problem, but I like the TTC mode so I'm sticking to it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts