Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been addressed before. but i cant find it in the search. heres the story, I got this car off a buddy and its been sitting for 5 years. he couldnt get it running, i finally got it runnin and it ran perfect but then the boost started to fall off and wont buid past 4 psi. there is play in the turbo but the impellars are not rubbin the housing,I know play is bad but i dont tkink that is the problem. its not idling right either,so im thinking boost leak what do you all think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey man i feel you on this issue. I'm not boosting well either! i have a wicked sick idle problem. if its cold outside i don't seem to have the problem though, but when its like 70 degrees or higher outside i start my car and it idles fine for 1 - 2 min then starts going down. after 4 min or so the idle has dropped down to 400 rpm and the engine tries to revive itself several times then after it tries for another minute or so it fails. when pushing the gas and not tapping it it fails and sounds like its drowning. r u having the same prob? oooooohhhh also my car had just been sitting around for 2 years as well. can someone help me please!?!?! summer is almost here and i wanna enjoy the targa without pushing my car around broken down.

Thnx AJ

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know this has been addressed before. but i cant find it in the search. heres the story, I got this car off a buddy and its been sitting for 5 years. he couldnt get it running, i finally got it runnin and it ran perfect but then the boost started to fall off and wont buid past 4 psi. there is play in the turbo but the impellars are not rubbin the housing,I know play is bad but i dont tkink that is the problem. its not idling right either,so im thinking boost leak what do you all think.
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a tired WG spring. You can either replace the actuator or shim it to preload the spring. After I shimmed mine with 3 washers(about 3mm), I never had the problem again, I was boosting to 6.5psi. Then I put on some other goodies and now Im up to 10...

·
Registered
124 Posts
1.mix some soap and water together in a bucket
2. wipe the concoction onto your pipes (or use a spray bottle)
3. check to see if there are any bubbles
4. bubbles = leak

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a boost leak on the bottom intercooler hose. At idle this creates a vaccum leak and a loss of boost when a load is aplied on the engine. It fixed my idle problem and my boost problem. Now im happy has hell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OMFG this is the first time i hope that i have that problem with my car!!! i hope thats my issue! i can see y that would get a hole in it too. rocks and other shit can hit it when driving cause its fully exposed! sweet ill go check it and if thats not the problem for me i will post back in hopes that someone will find ur thread and help me out too!

and CONGRATS moyota91!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts