Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright when I try to crank my car it sounds like it is trying to crank but is not getting any fuel or something. I thought it might possibly be the fuel filter so I changed that but it still won't crank. Then I thought it might be the fuel pump so I checked it and it is working fine. I even took off the VSV valve and checked that to see if it was working and it is. Please help me get this damn car running.
Thanks,
Jake

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
Does it take a jump? If so take it to a parts store and have them check your charging system. Check the terminals on the battery too. Remember to always check for air, fuel, and fire

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
let me help you get the obvious out of the way...did you check ur grounds?

the ground wires on the ECU harness that run under the intake manifold around cyl5 area...might wanna check that out, if its not grounded, your car wont produce spark.

also check if your car is getting any fuel pressure.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
was your car running before? did it just one day not want to start?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was running before, because I was at target when it happened and had to get my dad to tow me home. It had always taken two turns of the key to get it to crank but now it just wont turn over at all.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
ok so your saying that it now doesnt crank?

sounds like a dead battery, or starter to me.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
battery is charged and the last time my starter went out on my other supra it made kind of a grinding sound....now it sounds like it's about to kick over but it just doesn't

·
Registered
187 Posts
Try tapping the starter with a hammer to get the ring gear to kick out. Also, if its cranking and doesnt start, start at step one. Pull the #1 spark plug wire and stick it against the valve cover, crank and see if spark jumps across to the cover. If not, check grounds, then possibly ignitor.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This might sound way off but I just pulled all my spark plugs and found that there is a good bit of oil in every plug hole, probably because I tightened the valve covers too tight but could that possibly be the reason it isn't cranking???

·
Registered
187 Posts
Your saying it isnt cranking, but your getting spark at #1... So is it cranking and not starting, or just not cranking?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was getting spark in #1 and I think #2 but there was so much oil in 3-6 that it wouldn't crank, but I cleaned them all out and ordered a set of valve cover gaskets and took it out for a test drive and it is now running like a champ!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts